Bf 109E-7, JG53

Coat of matt and the interior canopy colour done. Once all this is complete I'll add the microscopic barrels, aerials and sub-microscopic aileron balances.

jg53_BOB_17_zpsmsimqf9y.jpg

The photo's a bit nurgly, but it shows the bomb ejectors I added to the bomb rack - they're quite obvious on the real thing, so I thought I'd better do something about it.

jg53_BOB_18_zpsbblcuwqp.jpg

• Like 6

Looking good Mitch, nice work B)

...There's a simpler E3/E4 boxing, but I'm not sure if it actually provides the early E3 canopy.

Sadly no, it doesn't, I really can't understand why Airfix did not include both canopy types, it would have increased the available options no end...

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

With the canopy painted and panel line washed, I added the cannon barrels, antenna and the like, including an EZ-Line aerial, so with a few touches here and there, I'm calling her done. Despite the fact the Luftwaffe operated from open fields, the aircraft seemed, like their RAF counterparts, to remain clean, neat and tidy. So, no more weathering and dirt! I'll post a few more completed shots, and do a post in the gallery soon.

jg53_BOB_19_zpsnemzt07v.jpg

• Like 3

A few more finished shots. Others are in the Gallery thread. Cheers all, thanks for all the lovely comments. I've really enjoyed this build and I'd recommend the Airfix Bf-109E to anyone.

jg53_BOB_20_zpskszhyqp2.jpg

jg53_BOB_21_zpsrzxskrem.jpg

jg53_BOB_24_zpsu9xksbvv.jpg

jg53_BOB_27_zpsttbzlw7z.jpg

• Like 2