We're in with a chance lass.

Thank you gents.

lovely paint finish Col. Would be nice to see this at the railway show today, but alas, other commitments today. Have a great day anyway and enjoy your modelling time :)

Pity you couldn't make it Aaron. Was a quite busy weekend but most of us got some progress on our models.

I agree with everyone else on the paint job. I have a couple of the Eduard masks for 'A' and 'B' schemes, I havn't used them yet but from the look of your results they seem to work well.

John

Must admit I was sceptical about their worth until trying them out. Although they needed some help to match up in certain places that may be because they are designed to fit the Tamiya kit rather than the Airfix.

Looking really good col, very smooth and clean work

Rob

I'm really happy with how it has turned out Rob thank you.

Well gang it seems with the deadline for this GB looming close and my free time being rather rare at this moment I've been trying hard to get reasonable progress made on this one. So much that I've forgotten to take much photos :oops: Those which I did take of the progress made during last weekends model show were so poor I didn't see any point inflicting them upon you fine folk. I have, however, almost finished the Spitfire;

20151030_170054.jpg

She's been decalled and matt varnished, had her undercarriage legs detailed and fitted with brass pins for strength, the aerial post atop the rudder replaced with lead foil folded over itself and .003" holes drilled to take some fishing line for the radio antenna wire, then parts such as the exhausts and door added with my attempt to represent a turning propeller glued into place. Weathering has been applied only lightly as almost every photo of a Spitfire from during that era shows they were kept fairly clean. Only task left prior to completion is to add the canopy release mechanism and glue that in place. Hopefully before Saturday is over :)

• Like 7

Col, the gallery appears to have automatically shut off a bit early and Mish has managed to get it temporarily re-opened, so if it is still open when you read this, do try to upload your pictures - you were finished before midnight so it would be a shame not to get your build into the gallery.

Cheers,

Stew

Gallery or not it looks fantastic... None of the three I started got finished on time either

Rob

Thanks Rob, sorry to see your three projects didn't make the cut-off, I hope you're going to continue with them as they were looking great.

That's excellent, shame it didn't make it to the gallery. Will you put a pilot in it now?

Well done

John

Thanks John. There's a few figures from the Airfix Battle of Britain Ground Crew set I'd began working on that will go with this one but as it was clear they'd not be finished in time they're not mentioned in the Work in Progress thread. Hopefully get them done before posting photos in the general Ready For Inspection section of the forum.

Col, the gallery appears to have automatically shut off a bit early and Greg B has managed to get it temporarily re-opened, so if it is still open when you read this, do try to upload your pictures - you were finished before midnight so it would be a shame not to get your build into the gallery.

Cheers,

Stew

Thanks for the shout Stew. Job done :D

• Like 1

Looks great Col, the spinning prop effect works so well, one of the best ways of attempting this I have ever seen.

Thank you Nigel. I've experimented with a few other methods in previous projects but feel this one is the most satisfactory result so far.

Great build and a wonderful tribute Col. I especially like the prop disc.

Thank you CB. The props took a bit of work but less than I initially expected and was worth it to my eyes.

• Like 1