Rob you know I will always stick up for you and all, but in this respect your good lady is evidently the brains of your outfit; putting chocolate in the fridge kills the flavour :nono:

Hurricane's looking nice too; not sure about the Sky colour - it looks okay to me from the picture but you can see it in real life...

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 2

Hi Rob. Good progress with the Hurricane. I will be interested to see the chipping effect once it's complete. I've not tried to do anything like that before ........but I ought to give it a try at some point.

• Like 1

But stew! It's crunchy if you have it from the fridge...

I have to say I agree with you about the sky colour... It's more eau du nil in real life! It's getting more eau du nilish every time I look at it but that could be my head... Fine sand back and then hit it with hu90? I have a pot now. My other worry is if I put a wash on it it could look even darker.

Hummmm

Stix, I ripped off the idea from stew TBH. If you want to what good looks like you may want to peek at his sextuplet of spitfires! I hope it turns out OK, it may need a bit of sharpening up looking at it.

Cheers for the comments all, much appreciated

Rob

• Like 3

This is serious gentlemen. The reason I put it in the fridge is to slow me down a bit when I eat it. But Stew says it kills the flavour. I'm thinking eat two bars at the same time, one from the fridge, and one at room temperature. A sort of R&D thing. When I get a bar, I offer my wife a piece, then it's the old, just one square routine. Which means half! Do what I do, get one big bar, and one small bar. Share the small bar, and eat the big bar covertly. If you get caught, you tell her it's from the bar you shared. This worked ok until the day a bought bar of white chocolate and she noticed the difference. :doh:

• Like 2

This is serious gentlemen. The reason I put it in the fridge is to slow me down a bit when I eat it. But Stew says it kills the flavour. I'm thinking eat two bars at the same time, one from the fridge, and one at room temperature. A sort of R&D thing. When I get a bar, I offer my wife a piece, then it's the old, just one square routine. Which means half! Do what I do, get one big bar, and one small bar. Share the small bar, and eat the big bar covertly. If you get caught, you tell her it's from the bar you shared. This worked ok until the day a bought bar of white chocolate and she noticed the difference. :doh:

we all have these learning curves Joe... Don't beat yourself up about it! I like the idea of a second bar as a decoy... I will need to remember this when I'm at the shops next!

Rob

• Like 1

Hi Rob, when I said I wasn't sure about the Tamiya Sky I meant it looked fine in the picture but I wasn't sure because I couldn't see it in real life as you can... sorry for the confusion, it still looks fine to me :)

Eating chocolate at room temperature means the chocolate melts on the tongue more readily and the flavour spreads in your mouth instantly. If it's crunch you want do your teeth a favour and have a raw carrot :lol:

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

Cheers steve, neither was I until i read the book in the first post then there was reference to their use in Michael korda's 'with wings like egales'... Good book. There was another sqn that used them but it escapes me currently

Anyway I am glad there is interest as it very much caught mine!

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob, when I said I wasn't sure about the Tamiya Sky I meant it looked fine in the picture but I wasn't sure because I couldn't see it in real life as you can... sorry for the confusion, it still looks fine to me :)

Eating chocolate at room temperature means the chocolate melts on the tongue more readily and the flavour spreads in your mouth instantly. If it's crunch you want do your teeth a favour and have a raw carrot :lol:

Cheers,

Stew

Stew other than the glamorisation of room temperature you sound like me when I'm talking to the kids!

Hmmm I will see how I feel about the skyy but may re paint with humbrol 90

Rob

Cheers nick, I feel its worth a punt!

I was hoping to get the cannon pods on tonight... But no, we leave for centre parks tomorrow so I have spent the day and evening cleaning and packing.

Quick question. Why does your house need to be so tidy if your not there? I mean its tidier then when we normally are there! Why!? Do people inspect them when your away??

Rob

• Like 4

Quick question. Why does your house need to be so tidy if your not there? I mean its tidier then when we normally are there! Why!? Do people inspect them when your away??

Rob

so it's nice to come back too? I over heard a neighbour today who said his one rule in life was "happy wife, easy life"

Regarding sky, and model paint, Tamiya Sky is regarded as being too dark.

this will tell you more about Sky in model paint than you will believe...

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41520-the-sky-type-s-is-the-limit/

have a good holiday.

• Like 1

Centre parcs is in the middle of all the old bomber airfields in east Anglia! However honington which it backs onto started as a bomber base in 37 in now a RAF regiment depot.... Bummer

Rob

Hi Rob,

I'm back from a few days away from BM, due to my Phantom builds. Sorry for not properly following your thread in the meantime but I see you progressed a lot and the Hurri is looking great! I like your idea of pre-painting the metal parts and using maskol for chipping. I've done this in my Bf 109 and Spit XIV builds but I used Mig's chipping fluid instead of maskol. This fluid may provide greater control of the chipping process but I can't be completely positive about this statement because I still haven't used maskol for chipping.

Keep posting your great work :goodjob:

Cheers

Jaime

In and unpacked, so far seen a low flying AWAC and heard low flying jets in pairs... Not seen them due to trees, my brother in law saw them and all he could tell me was they had two tails, why don't people pic up more details on these things! I mean everyone else is obsessed with planes too right?

Rob

Found out the birds with two tails were f 15's. Trying to get a bike ride with the kids to the perimeter fence as supposedly you can watch them go over your head just after take off. However I did get a great view of two coming out over the wood with wheels down and then doing lots of slow turns over the park/lake.... nice. Have to say the Americans spend just about all day in the air over here, wasn't expecting that. Oh and we had a nice pass over the lake by a UH-60 of some sort.... which was cool.

No modelling, just utterly knackered from a 5 a side tournament (there are 40 family members her... and that's not even all of us! My wife is 1 of 8 i'm 1 of 5....) and swimming for hours and hours it would appear that my boy is actually a fish! Didn't notice the tail before.

Oh I can hear the awac taking off again bye for now...

Rob

• Like 3

So we have arrived home! What a load of crap the drive back was! Shocking traffic on the motorways...

But I can highly recommend centre parcs! Very much a delightful time had by all!!

Tonight will be unpacking and then hopefully some modelling done over my weekend off... let's see how it goes

Rob

• Like 1