Silence! in Polish.....

Hi all,third and final 1/48 scale entry is the Airfix new tool Hurricane which in the box looks to be a stunner,she will be finished

in the colour,s of 303(Polish) Sqn RAF flown by Fl.Off.Witold Urbanowicz (see link)This build is dedicated to the pilots from the

Commonwealth and other countries that took part in the Battle of Britain especially those Poles and Czechs who would never

return home and enjoy the Freedom they fought so hard to secure for the rest of us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witold_Urbanowicz

SDC13673%20640x480_zps9ljiaglr.jpg

• Like 15

Hi Steve,

I had the pleasure of supervising a team of Poles who were well versed in the movie script.

During briefings, if they were in the mood for mischief, I would be confronted with calls of; "repeat please, repeat please"

Obviously, the come back was...............

They were a good bunch of guys, and all I can say is I'm glad they're on our side!

I am seriously tempted to do Johnny Kent's mount. But that would mean buying more Hurricanes.

TTFN

Darren

• Like 2

Hi Steve,

I had the pleasure of supervising a team of Poles who were well versed in the movie script.

During briefings, if they were in the mood for mischief, I would be confronted with calls of; "repeat please, repeat please"

Obviously, the come back was...............

They were a good bunch of guys, and all I can say is I'm glad they're on our side!

I am seriously tempted to do Johnny Kent's mount. But that would mean buying more Hurricanes.

TTFN

Darren

Never enough Hurricanes Darren!

Excellent choice! Urbanowicz was quite a personality, his book "Fire over China" is not lesser masterpiece of literature than Saint-Exupery's books. Not just a recollections of a pilot, but true literature.

The sign under the canopy saying "we do not beg for freedom, we fight for freedom" is - AFAIK - known only from verbal statement, not confirmed by any photo.

• Like 1

I'm building Urbanowicz's Hurricane in 1/72, converting an Airfix ragwing MK1 to metal wings and after market decals.

Look forward to that one Mitch!