Hello hunter leader,hello hunter leader!

Hi folk,s well all I had heard about this kit is true,what a beautiful fit of part,s and once you detail the cockpit to your taste the rest goes together at a

quick pace.Here she is as of today,thank's for popping in.

SDC14282%20640x480_zps0l2uitky.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 10

Hi all,latest progress: under surface colour applied and tonight I got the top surface earth applied,the green as usual will be brushed on.Thank's for

popping in.

SDC14301%20640x480_zpsma7lt2aq.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 7

Lovely job Steve, and that dark earth looks just right, can i ask which one it is?

Nick

Funny you mention it Nick,it's my usual self mix based on Tamiya earth,this morning in the light of day I was,nt happy so lightened it a touch will a touch

of white and yellow will post an update tomorrow as after nearly sending it flying I finally got the U/C legs on after a fight,awful method Airfix dreamed

up for this one.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1

Hi all, car in the garage today so not able to get far,what a shame,had to sit and model all day so progress on this one and Stuka should be ready

tomorrow,so re-sprayed slightly lighter earth and two coats of green brushed on,used the gizmo on windows to clear up the images and it,s really

darkened the green to what it actually is.

SDC14306%20640x480_zpsesnsdyqq.jpgSDC14303%20640x480_zpsvsmmcmih.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 7

What a nice way to spend the day, nice progress. Hope the car didn't cost that much.

Seventy quid for a bearing/ disc Ozzy sound's better but getting the other side done next month!

• Like 1

Hi Steve. It certainly looks good with the cameo on. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank's Stix, the colour look;s way off in the photo's a lot better in the flesh,very poor light when I took them and the enhance option hasn't helped.

• Like 1

Seventy quid for a bearing/ disc Ozzy sound's better but getting the other side done next month!

£70! I just had to pay over £106 for the same!

However your spitfire looks awesome, great work as always Steve

Rob

• Like 1

Hi folk,s,would you believe it,after my rant at the U/C leg assembly and it,s weak join I dropped her last night and nothing budged! so I got a bit more

done such as the exhaust's fitted and the wheel's which I have to say are IMHO some of the best Airfix have done to date.The decalling is progressing

as is the subtle wash.Thank,s for popping in.

SDC14362%20640x480_zpsjfx1xwfj.jpgSDC14363%20640x480_zpsi0ega1lf.jpgSDC14365%20640x480_zpsfmgjwikm.jpg

• Like 10

Loking good Steve, she looks stunning. What colours did you use on the exhausts?

Cheers Ozzy,I painted them black,then a mix of gold and silver and dry brushed in black.

Very nice build so far, Steve. Your Spit is coming really nice along.

Seems this kit is a must have !

:goodjob:

Thank's Bernd,get one you won't regret it,apart from the U/C leg arrangement the kit is faultless.

• Like 2

Very nice work Steve! Funny you say about the UC standing up to the drop, dropped my hurricane, which has a traditional UC fixing and it smashed(all fixed now)... Maybe there is method to airfix's madness?!

Rob

• Like 1