1st August 1940. Finished.

Excellent progress Ozzy - the paintwork and cameo are looking spot on. :thumbsup:

Thanks Stix,

It's my second aircraft that's been fully airbrushed, it all went without a hitch.

• Like 1

Nice finish Ozzy, the paint looks excellent,

Sean

Thanks Sean,

The brown may not be that correct, but I think the overall finish looks good. Now for the transfers.

Excellent so far. Your builds are coming really nice along

Thanks Bernd,

I will order the base tomorrow, then print an aerial picture of Hastings. Put it all together a little weathering on both, then I shall call the project finished.

• Like 1

Sounds like a good plan, time for me to resume on my Hurricane, as soo as possible

Thanks Bernd,

I find if you keep things simple, it's easier to adapt when your taken by surprise. If your hurricane turns out like your Hellcat it will be stunning.

• Like 1

Thanks Bernd,

I find if you keep things simple, it's easier to adapt when your taken by surprise. If your hurricane turns out like your Hellcat it will be stunning.

Thanks for this, i hope so :unsure:

• Like 1

Great work Ozzy, both builds are looking excellent.

Thanks Greg,

They are coming along, done a bit of weathering thinking that both had been in action for a while and stored outside.

Good progress Ozzy, nice to see the blu tac worked a treat :)

Thanks Marty,

I will defently do use it again.

0804afd8484ca883b7946065d9d44f3e_zpsadfi

Here she is with the transfers on, I was going to use D but it didn't go on that well so used the letter E instead. Having done a bit more research P3155 wasn't new when Sub. LT Kestin got his hands on it, it had been flown previously by Flt Lt Roy Dutton who had been there since April 1940. I weathered it as I would a tank, with oil and scuff marks about. I still need to mask off the black non slip areas on the wings.

fa0434eb095f7de94ce42e9176f64663_zpsr7v8

P3155, I cut this up from all the serial numbers on the sheet.

422ca4fd2f06b0885d9f418cc70d0b21_zpskia9

This is the out line of my base, which I have posted off to be made at a very reasonable price.

• Like 4

Hi Ozzy. That is looking really good with the transfers on. I am intrigued to see what your base is going to be like. Hope you have a great Sunday.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hi Ozzy. That is looking really good with the transfers on. I am intrigued to see what your base is going to be like. Hope you have a great Sunday.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

The Hannants sheets worked really well, the base will be in walnut with an aerial photo of Hastings coast put on top. I have positioned the aircraft on the template, I will cut the Hs 126 to make it lower with the hurricane going straight and level. The base sounds big, but visually it's quite manageable size. I'm off to California on Sunday with work so no modelling for a couple of weeks, I'll be just watching from a far. Hoe your thinner wires work on the Spit, happy modelling Stix.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nice progress, Ozzy, looking fine.

Thanks Bernd,

I'm currently in California with work, hopefully when I get back the base will have arived and I con put it all together.

Another hard day at the office.

1d0b39a56a337b3b8a5e0db261088b6c_zpslmsv

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to call it finished.

The base is from display plinths.co.uk

6965f5f00995c1d11a38d1a327b9ccfe_zpstnx1

15e4e03fdda39d7ffde52f874532478a_zpsncde

c53e090c95a8968f200dde32e9081bb9_zps6lkk

d568b53ee54aa67f92c8a413d53cfb03_zpsihgn

54821b974da4ffc68e846f49f3e4c63d_zpsakgd

I've really enjoyed my first GB I've learnt loads and tried new techniques, can't wait for the JU 88 GB.

• Like 12

The finished build looks great, congratulations! Regards, V-P

Thanks V-P,

I really enjoyed building them both, I'm going to do the ICM JU88 if it's released in time.