1st August 1940. Finished.

A small up date, I've done a little more painting today. So hopefully get some building done soon.

I had a little dilemma on what colour to paint the driver? As he's a Royal Navy guy, flying for the Royal Air Force. Had a little Google and found one picture, showing he would have wore his Royal Navy uniform. The closest colour I had was Vallejo dark sea blue, I think it does the job.

c7f640a1375dc102f996e6a391182dfa_zpssbrf

23fbf7fee3034f0fb7cdaa0180466280_zpshgmi

• Like 4

Top notch work on your pilot!

Rob

Thanks Rob,

Fitted him into the cockpit this evening, I've also strapped him in using those superfabric belts from Eduard.

fb1ba3cb38f566be39253a6f916b9536_zpshtof

9d30a397f77f60e991d23ce45b8f3a9a_zpsbo6b

• Like 4

Excellent pilot Ozzy, you'll have in the air in no time,

Sean

Thanks Sean,

Hopefully, I'm building at pace due to being away most of September with work. I would like to have the build completed before I go, then paint, weather both and fix to a base before 31st October.

Edited by Ozzy

The cockpit looks excellent Ozzy as does the pilot. Very nicely done! :goodjob:

Thanks Stix,

I do enjoy figure painting, I painted it all on the sprue for ease. Then fitted it all together it flitted really well, my belts turned up in the post they fit a lot better than the brass ones.

Here's a picture of it all together with one half of the fuselage, I changed the instrument pannel with one fron Yaha, I stuck it to the reverse side of the kit one, it sure looks nice.

b2f91ce923d7a47597311f4f85d3a3f5_zpsyqum

• Like 5

It really does show that you enjoy painting the figures. The IP does look very good. Excellent!

Thanks Stix,

I find it all very therapeutic and rewarding all at the same time.

• Like 1

Excellent work Ozzy, really coming along now.

Those Yahu IP's really do look good, and the fabric belts as well. Great job painting the pilot, very good indeed.

Craig.

Thanks Craig,

I'm really impressed with both products and they didn't brake the bank, I'm making the most of being off work to get the building done.

Pilot look's great Ozzy,coming together well.

Thanks Steve,

It's coming together very nicely, it all looks very cozy in there and the fit is really good.

The pilot looks very good. I really like the harness. Joe

Thanks Joe, the harness is eduard fabric ones, you get 2 on a sheet. They are a lot more playable than the brass ones and relatively cheap. You will need to buy somthing else if you get them from Hannants as its below there minimum spend

• Like 1

Well I have got her together, she does look nice. Done a little filling I think tats me more than the kit.

7508bebc283c3b72601278e82d5712b5_zpspmna

I also had a go at drilling out the exhausts, I started with a drill, but gave that up when I drilled my thumb. I then switched to a scalpel and my small chisel, which worked well. Just need to tidy it up a little more, I'm happy with the overall finish.

73491e419dd93be04c1e8249b7a4f988_zpsznqs

I have also painted the canopy and drilled out the port and starboard lights and popped some paint in.

• Like 3

Good to see her going together Ozzy. The exhausts will look much better now you have hollowed them out. I did something similar to you with the exhausts on the Spitfire Vbs I built a while back and they turned out fine.

Keep up the good work.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 1

Good to see her going together Ozzy. The exhausts will look much better now you have hollowed them out. I did something similar to you with the exhausts on the Spitfire Vbs I built a while back and they turned out fine.

Keep up the good work.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

I was toying with some resin exhausts, then saw the Airgunner do in on his thread and thought I would have a go.

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

Nice touch with the exhausts Ozzy, :goodjob:

Sean

Thanks Sean,

I'm pleased with how they turned out, they should look the business.

All looking good dude. I see you managed to get your pilot in ok. I had to chop off his feet to get him to fit.

Thanks Hockeyboy,

I jiggled the rudder pedals to get him to fit, however the sit on the bar not the foot plate.

Just a small update, I thought it was time to see how big it was all going to be. I found a suitable bit of wood from the shed, then drilled some holes at one end then in 5cm steps from 25cm to 35cm. It looks best in the 35cm hole, so the base will be 35cm long then at each end of the base will be 15cm diameter circles at each end. I have found a company on the net and will be giving them a call in the morning, I will cover the base with some aerial photos or mapping of the Hastings coast.

9b5426f6b49d1e29030ee0da4a689666_zpsctl8

If any of you have been around Salisbury there are 25 barons around the town in coincidence with 800 years of the mana Carter being signed, you can paint your own in a local craft shop. Me and my daughter went along to have ago, I decided to do a Battle of Britain baron. If you've not seen them there around until October when they will be auctioned off for charity.

ee1f08c4f6347155323d21d8c09b0d08_zpsobjm

27570eb69e9fe0a2a7d8ba80c5bd8ad3_zpsajff

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 6

Looks like it will be some size Ozzy, and a great way to show these builds off.

Like your baron too, a bit quirky.

Sean

by the way, that's some size of caterpillar in the top right hand corner!!

• Like 1

Looks like it will be some size Ozzy, and a great way to show these builds off.

Like your baron too, a bit quirky.

Sean

by the way, that's some size of caterpillar in the top right hand corner!!

Thanks Sean,

Yeah I have to watch out for these pesky caterpillars "aka" hedgerows. I will be a size, just need to find some space.

• Like 1

Got a little painting done today, I went for green first using Tamiya's XF 81 then I masked all areas using the blu tac method. Then a brown overcoat using XF 52 the underside was sprayed with XF 21.

a037cc887bd1eea7652c0b913de04c2a_zpsjmlw

381aba026674e42b49d1690f6224429a_zpsqueg

Here are a few shots of the finished paint job, I used scheme B.

c23af020ca223dc5adad43b19f5813a0_zpstwom

a51a6e20178073c33905189aedc34b80_zpsvyua

9237b2bb3d7cc0fac8b73671f2fe44bb_zpsuxhz

09d40dc38689467cc7058781bdbda08d_zpsjzn7

c920c2434c47a94f4445b2878b9581eb_zpspcnw

Now for the markings I'm happy that SO is 145 Sqn and Sub. Lt Kestin's aircraft was P3155. But for his individual aircraft letter, I can't find any records of it so a little poetic license. I think he would have been in A flight, with he newness to bing a fighter Pilot. I will give him the letter C or D I think. Any suggestions are will be greatly received.

• Like 6