1st August 1940. Finished.

There's an aircraft you don't think about for the B of B, so a refreshing change from the popular crowd. Your pilot figure looked really good, he's too small for my eyes! Enjoy the rest of your build!

Cheers,

Martin :)

Thanks martin,

When I first stated thinking about this GB, I was after doing something a little different. There was about 6/7 that were shot down during the BoB.

Great progress, looking very nice. May i should give this color brand a go.

The 126 was a really nice looking aircraft

Thanks Bernd,

The paints are really good,and they have a growing range. In regards to the story your father told you, I have just fitted the gunner I can see why the aircraft your father saw was missing his gunner. As i don't think it would take much for them to fall out. I have to agree with you I do like the 126.

Great paint job Ozzy, Thats looking the business!

Thanks Greg,

I'm impressed with the paint work, it was nice to get some airbrush time.

Really nice finish to the paint work ozzy, and I really like the contrast you have on the upper surface. I will have to look into these sets... do you think they would work well with a hairy stick?

Rob

• Like 1

Really nice finish to the paint work ozzy, and I really like the contrast you have on the upper surface. I will have to look into these sets... do you think they would work well with a hairy stick?

Rob

Thanks Rob,

I brush painted the the cockpit and touched up around fuselage, the consistency was good and covered well. So I'm going to say yes they work well with hairy sticks.

When I first did my research, this is the aircraft it came up with. So this is what I went with, since yesterday I have applied the transfers " which were a complete nightmare" and put the rear crewman in. Also painted the White out line around the numbers black.

5c2e6a8a2d9026b285ddb5a49dd86650_zpsjoyb

Pictures of the rear crewman, he's the same as the driver but had to conduct a bit of surgery. This was done by filing down his left arm, adding filler to the gaps in his legs where I got him to stand up.

c91772af7d742f10726029827e97966b_zpswfij

8117ad09321f57249ee5a5f4b65fee61_zpsnfgb

bb435563118bccd3c6827f2987337f5e_zpsa9ej

Hope fully a little weathering will sort the transfers out, I found a bottle of klear in the cupboard. So will give that a go too.

• Like 5

Looking good Ozzy.

The paints you have used give a good result, enough contrast without it being too stark.

I can see myself building one of these for the Eastern Front GB, if it gets voted in, for next year. If nor I might just build one anyway.

Keep up the good work Ozzy.

Craig.

Thanks Craig,

Its the first time I've used Hataka paints and it won't be the last, they have a number of different sets. "They would look nice on your 109". I will definitely recommend building one, there is an eastern front scheme my only recommendation is to get some different transfers. In going back to my comfort zone with a T 34 on a mini art base with some dismounts for the GB. I'm sure it will happen.

Ozzy

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

Top work Ozzy.

I have the RAF paint set from Hataka waiting for me but was worried about some of the negative comments on other forums. Great to hear you had a positive experience.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

Luckily I didn't read any reviews, I saw them in one of the model shops in town. It had all the colours I wanted, job done, brush painting it needed a second coat but airbrushing was fine with one burst at about 40 psi and you've seen the results. I was going to get the RAF set but think I've got the colours I require on the shelf.

Ozzy

That's excellent Ozzy, you've done a really good job. Very well done. Joe

• Like 1

Super work! Those prop blurs do look fantastic, I'll definitely be grabbing a set. Thanks for the tip.

Dan

Thanks Dan,

Mine took less than a week to arrive, you've got me thinking on recreating muzzle flashes on my hurricane. Perhaps some clear orange asertate?

That's excellent Ozzy, you've done a really good job. Very well done. Joe

Thanks joe,

Halfway now, I'm looking forward to start the hurricane.

More great progress Ozzy, well done. I like the rear gunner's stance. Looks Great!!

Fantastic stuff Ozzy. It's progressing really well and as Greg said - the rear gunner looks great!

Thanks Greg, Stix

The figure had a little resin surgery to get him upright, the way the aircraft is in a left bank in a decent, meant I could have the gun over the right onto the hurricane. As the chap was ment to be on the flying controls, I was able to fit him nicely around the rear of the gun.

• Like 2

This one look,s superb so far,great looking aircraft and as has been said very different from the Hurricane's and Spitfire's the rest of us are building.

• Like 1

This one look,s superb so far,great looking aircraft and as has been said very different from the Hurricane's and Spitfire's the rest of us are building.

Thanks Steve,

It's been a really nice aircraft to build, when I started to research for this GB I found this story and knew it was for me. My next build is the Airfix hurricane, thought I'd get some top tips of everybody else first.

That's a great result on the paint Ozzy, looking really good, plus the gunner turned out well too.. :goodjob:

Sean

Thanks Sean,

I'm really pleased how it all turned out, hope the hurricane turns out as well.

Ozzy that looks the business, such great details!

Keep up the cracking work!

Rob

Thanks Rob,

She has turned out really well, the figures i got fitted in the cockpit without issue. I hope the Hurricane will look as good.

Made a start on the Hurricane,

Painted the interior in Tamiya's cockpit green, I've also drilled out the browning ports on the wings. As I can never get things straight I've glued parts B1 and B3 in place to allow me to get the 90* that's required on the instructions. And I've ordered some super fibre straps and an instrument pannel from Hannants.

7dc69fa84d64f4a06db739eb79d4fe01_zpssk6g

• Like 4

Nice start on the Hurricane Ozzy.

I'm sure she will turn out just as well as your Henschel.

Craig.

Thanks Craig,

It's Airfix what could go wrong.