1st August 1940. Finished.

I pulled my finger out today, to take the dry fitting to actual fitting. So here we go, it looks like something out of the wacky races at the moment, I put the prop blur on to see what it would look like. I had to trim the spinner to allow fitting, there's a little filler to be applied soon.

0a0df70357834a23a7a7e565f73abad7_zpsntdy

I also did the wing supports, I had a small drama with one of the mid supports. As I was cutting it off the sprue it snapped a little, lucky I had some CA glue to make it better again.

a4611ef37f6fee695a206d2c4a0cd600_zpsf4qt

• Like 7

The propeller looks very good Ozzy. Your making good progress. Joe

• Like 1

Good progress Ozzy and the Prop Blur certainly looks good in place. I'm not surprised you had a problem with the wing support - it looks very fragile from where I'm sitting!

• Like 1

The propeller looks very good Ozzy. Your making good progress. Joe

Thanks joe, it coming together nicely

Liking the prop blur, very cool.

Karl

Thanks Karl, hopefully I can make the rest of it just as cool.

Good progress Ozzy and the Prop Blur certainly looks good in place. I'm not surprised you had a problem with the wing support - it looks very fragile from where I'm sitting!

Thanks Stix, I had a few problems on the sprue that I had to glue, while it was still attached. Yeah they are a little fragile, I've got to gingerly clean them up with a soft file.
  • Like 1

Thanks Stix, I had a few problems on the sprue that I had to glue, while it was still attached. Yeah they are a little fragile, I've got to gingerly clean them up with a soft file.

Well just take it nice and slow and I'm sure it will be fine................ :frantic:

• Like 1

Well done saving the strut, I manage to snap smaller pieces before I even touch them then end up glueing them all back.

Looks very fine with the prop blur In place.

Rob

Thanks Rob,

I feel you pain.

There was a point, after I dropped one of the bits on the floor for the second time. after a little cursing, I pulled myself together and got it glued before I could drop it again.

• Like 1

Nice progress Ozzy, your pilot looks like he's fed up waiting for a complete aircraft.

Great save on the struts, you must of had a bit of a sweat on that,

Sean

• Like 1

Nice progress Ozzy, your pilot looks like he's fed up waiting for a complete aircraft.

Great save on the struts, you must of had a bit of a sweat on that,

Sean

Thanks Sean,

I'm tossing up whether to fit the wings prior to cranking up the airbrush, or paint it all separate. Yes I was thinking at one point if I had any thin brass rod that would be that thin.

• Like 1

Cool BoB project Ozzy. I like the Henschell i have the old Airfix 1/72 kit, so its good to see one of these build up so nicely. Great work :goodjob:

Thanks Greg,

Yep I remember building the matchbox kit years ago, I liked the aircraft then so I made a beeline for it for this GB.

• Like 1

Missed a lot of progress, sorry for this ! Your project is coming along very nice and the turning prop is a great idea.

That's ok Bernd, there is a lot going on. I'm pritty pleased with the build so far, need to add a little filler then I will be nealy ready to dust the airbrush off. It's the first ICM kit I've built, I will definitely be using their Ju 88 for next years GB.

• Like 1

16253c0fb4d6c53506b25f40084744ea_zpsonse

3aa5888a873575a0383a4c19e3ee03ae_zpsdgz9

Just a small update, but probably the last of the build process. Wings on, just need to fit the control surfaces, I've put the rudder on with a left hand turn. Just a few more bits to fit, including the communications cable from the rear to the top of the wing. Then get some paint on her.

• Like 8

Looking very good Ozzy.

Definitely a different and cool subject, I have a couple of these in the stash and your build is inspiring me to have a crack at one soon.

I look forward to seeing the end result.

Craig.

Thanks Craig, it's a really nice kit and goes together really well. You should enjoy the build.

Your Henschell is looking great Ozzy. Good work!

Thanks Greg, I find the build the easy bit. It's the next bit I want to get right, I'm not normally an aircraft modeller but am getting loads of tips.

Excellent progress Ozzy. It certainly looks good with the Prop Blur in place. :thumbsup:

Thanks Stixs, the prop blur definitely adds to the kit. I've painted the one for the hurricane, I think that one looks even better with the yellow tip.

• Like 2

Thanks Stixs, the prop blur definitely adds to the kit. I've painted the one for the hurricane, I think that one looks even better with the yellow tip.

It certainly does Ozzy. So much so infact that I took the liberty of ordering a couple of prop blurs for my kits. Hope you don't mind me "borrowing" your idea?

• Like 1

It certainly does Ozzy. So much so infact that I took the liberty of ordering a couple of prop blurs for my kits. Hope you don't mind me "borrowing" your idea?

Thanks mate,

I wish I had known about them years ago, however I don't think my pocket money would have stretched. I had a free sample of one prop in 1/72, they look good at that scale and will look good on your kits.

• 2 weeks later...

Here she is with a coat of pain on her, starting with a white undercoat. Then moving on to the underside, then an overcoat with lots of masking tape. This is my first aircraft completely painted by my airbrush.

5bc2cbd87d610ea78c43a9f7635d24f1_zpsoo2y

e5be6d297ddbc0dd0abc7eb2011a21b1_zpshlpa

451f97c630b6446266fb4b3e9effdfa3_zpsz92u

14701bd6f6a14b4cd28e5a4c1b41947d_zpskuks

8ecae1d1bf1918fa0b4046dec8b75d92_zps3mtq

dd695cf6a5d49ab636504c667f6b00ab_zpsv0lw

These paints are fantastic they go through an airbrush with no thinning.

8384b63bf9b926d06d739251bccd1736_zpsoi0v

• Like 7

That is looking superb Ozzy. You've achieved an excellent finish with your airbrush! :thumbsup:

Thanks Stix,

I'm really pleased the way she's turned out, a little hand painting on the wheels and the gun. Put the transfers and drill a hole in the bottom, then I can start the hurricane.

• Like 1

There's an aircraft you don't think about for the B of B, so a refreshing change from the popular crowd. Your pilot figure looked really good, he's too small for my eyes! Enjoy the rest of your build!

Cheers,

Martin :)