1st August 1940. Finished.

Did a little more today. Got the driver on his chair then into the cockpit, I had to cut his feet off to fit him in.

7d727b642eaa5221cf3dd20962823fe8_zpsehup

I also did the engine. The engine is quite detailed. The photo shows the engine on its frame.

39e148cb90f0a54e8477e56f8b793370_zpseqfy

I have a second pilot to be used as the gunner, however i will probably scratch build his arm to be firing the MG 17. Or I may look for another as he may be required to be standing.

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 6

Thanks Stix,

The Hs 126 kit is from ICM, it's the first kit I've made Anything by them. I think I just feel safer with locating pins.

Ozzy

I totally agree. I think I've only made one kit where there were no locating pins (or parts numbers!) and it wasn't as fun a build as normal. Keep up the good work.
  • Like 1

I totally agree. I think I've only made one kit where there were no locating pins (or parts numbers!) and it wasn't as fun a build as normal. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Stix,

Having no part numbers just meant constant flipping, so I photocopied the side with the numbers. I ordered some 4mm clear plastic rods yesterday, for mounting and a set of prop blur 3 bladed prop a few days ago. Just need to work out the size for the base.

Ozzy

• Like 1

That's a really nicely detailed kit, and the pilot looks very good too. Looking forward to seeing this all come together, you are doing stirling work with it mate.

Nick

Thanks Nick,

Yeah it's all coming together nicely, can't wait to get some paint in the cockpit.

Ozzy

Look what turned up today.

These should look really good on both aircraft. Now I can start making a bit more progress on the Hs 126 as I have to put bits of the cowling before the prop goes on.

4537af1b0bc756533a4c22e0470fe43f_zpsinr3

• Like 3

Thats an interesting project, have both kits on my wish list. Its great to see both build up. Along with some nice aftermarket stuff.

My parents got me quite late in their live and my dad was a soldier in WWII with an anti aircraft unit. They were deployed for some time in northern France and he told me once, that a Hs 126 came back from a mission and made a crash landing near their site. The aircraft was full of bullet holes, the observer was lost over the sea and the pilot was heavy injured but he made it back.

• Like 1

Thats an interesting project, have both kits on my wish list. Its great to see both build up. Along with some nice aftermarket stuff.

My parents got me quite late in their live and my dad was a soldier in WWII with an anti aircraft unit. They were deployed for some time in northern France and he told me once, that a Hs 126 came back from a mission and made a crash landing near their site. The aircraft was full of bullet holes, the observer was lost over the sea and the pilot was heavy injured but he made it back.

Thanks BerndM,

I went for somthing a little different.

Hopefully they will both build into a nice but unusual dog fighting pair. I plumbed for the ICM kit after I read some reviews, and I've been wanting to build one of their kits for a while. And it was a toss up for the hurricane between the Airfix or the hasigawa kit, the model shop only had the airfix kit. I am trying to build out the box as much as possible, but the Hs 126 didn't come with any crew and the prop blur had always fascinated me on how people did that.

Being a Gunner myself it's nice to hear story's from other gunners. Did his gun add to it demise? Did he get back to Blighty?

Having done a bit of research the Hs 126 was quite a maonuverable aircraft. And looking at the build it looks like it could take some punishment.

Ozzy

• Like 1

Can t give more informations, my dad told me this decades away. May you have some crew members in kits of your stash

Unfortunately not Bernd, I'm an armour modeller normally so all my spears box are all 1/35. I thought I'd have a crack at this GB to expand my skill set, and to rekindle the memories of my youth building aircraft.

• Like 1

I like the etch for the prop blur, I have honestly not seen them before.

Thanks mate,

I had seen a few aircraft on this site and on the net in general. I had always wondered how it was done, until I asked and got directed to a web site. I looked like it was postage in the U.S. Only but the chap does them on e-bay, got them in a week. He does most scales and various amounts of prop blades.

Are you going to join in the GB?

A little more progress.

It's starting to look more like an aircraft.

7be40de46d5fece49118153b5d322c0f_zpstxqo

I also got a bit of paint on the driver to.

3447af184ddb4b06ff44af8213a36331_zpsrywl

A bit of a close up out of the fuselage. Hope he is up to standard, as there is some good figures bing painted on this GB.

10b7a9e755e15ac480057b15745e9617_zpsuqoy

• Like 4

That's a great looking pilot you've painted. Joe

Thanks Joe,

It's always good to get a second opinion.

Ozzy

• Like 1

Yep, a great looking pilot there. I love the way he is posed, he will really add to the finished build i reckon.

Nick

Thanks Nick,

I've another one for the back but may have to do to surgery to operate the MG 17.

• Like 1

Hi Ozzy. Lovely progress. The pilot looks great - I like the pose! Make sure you use plenty of anaesthetic for the surgery on the other chap though!!

• Like 1

Hi Ozzy. Lovely progress. The pilot looks great - I like the pose! Make sure you use plenty of anaesthetic for the surgery on the other chap though!!

Thanks Stix,

I was going to use a local anaesthetic, as I have a feeling he may have a high pain threshold.

• Like 1

Ozzie, this is looking great dude.

Thanks Hockeyboy, it's starting to look a bit more like an aircraft now, once the rear gunner is done I can stick it all together.

Cool build, the pilot looks very relaxed.....Probably a mistake with Hurricanes on the prowl! :shutup:

Thanks Sarge, I think your right, his elbow just about reaches to the side of the cab. If i had a Hurricane on my tail, the last thing I'd be worried about is going for a Sunday drive. Unless my gunner is an ace marksman.

Edited by Ozzy

That figure looks brilliant, I would be chuffed to bits if I could get one to look like that.

Really nice to see it dry fitted, looks to be really coming along

Rob

Thanks Rob,

You can't beat a bit of dry fitting, don't want to mess it up now.