Vallejo paints

Ancient One

Can anyone help me please I painted a model 4 days, ago with Vallejo model color 70.886 green grey diluted with the same manufacturers airbrush thinner. I accidently made a slight mark on it { AFTER THE 4 DAYS} and thought a little spit on my finger and a rub would get rid of it. But the paint started coming off again (it did not peel} it just went to wet paint and came off. I have not used acrylic before, is this not color fast?

Edited by Ancient One

Yes I did prime it, but by the sound of it you may have had some trouble have you? As it happens it was in the wheel wells so not to much of a problem but Iam now not happy about using this product on the main part of the model, your comments would be of value please.

I use Vallejo paints a lot, they are a bit delicate to say the least, had real fun trying to get them to stay on a metal figure.

If your using Vallejo primer then don't dilute it, use it as is, goes through an airbrush OK.

Leave a few days to dry makes them go harder, so they say, but with the weather being so warm and humid I am not sure if this effects paints.

I use a mix of thinner, retarder and flow improver to thin my paints before air brushing them find for me it works.

I always wash my hands before painting or handling kits, especially ones that have been painted.

I find that the more layers I apply the better then kit is to being handled.