1/32 Pro Modeler He 111 from 3./KG 55 Summer 1940

I am in with the 1/32 Pro Modeler kit of The Heinkel He111.

For the decals I will be using the ones from the Kagero Topcolors 26 Battle of Britain Part III for a Heinkel He III P-2 from 3./KG 55 in the Summer of 1940

For the aftermarket items, cockpit interior and paint masks from Eduard and the armament set from Aires

DSCF8234.jpg

1.HN-Ac-Decals-Kagero-Topcolor-26-Battle

3-hn-ac-decals-kagero-topcolor-26-battle

DSCF8330.jpg

DSCF8236.jpgDSCF8238.jpg

DSCF8241.jpg

DSCF8242.jpg

DSCF8243.jpg

DSCF8240.jpg

• Like 14

Great choice Mike my eldest has a version of this kit in his stash and I,ve had a close look at the quality of the sprues; this will be impressive!

Have made a start on the cockpit, I have been able to get all of the parts cleaned up and have made a start on assemble

I think that due to the size of this kit and where there is so much "glass" I will try and paint as much as posible before assemble then bring every thing together (well thats the plan)

There is also a lot of injection pin marks to fill and sand down before I stat to paint

DSCF8309.jpg

DSCF8319.jpg

DSCF8322.jpg

• Like 6

Well got all of the injection pin marks filled and sanded down, and a little bit more put together

What I think I will do next is to get the wings, bombs, engines, wheel bays glued together, so with a bit of luck will get some paint on over the weekend

DSCF8247.jpg

DSCF8339.jpg

DSCF8255.jpg

DSCF8257.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

That is looking nice. The cockpit looks ace. I only noticed that you haven't got some replacement exhausts. If you have a good look at the side view drawing than you will notice that they are different than the standard kit ones. I know that there are some replacement ones from CMK. I have got those for my own He-111P that I want to build in the near future.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

As the others have noted, the cockpit looks fantastic. I await further updates,

Sean

Edited by sean

That is looking realy nice. Keep up the good work. :goodjob:

I have two of these beasts in my stash so I will be watching closely for some inspiration and handy tips.

Cheers,