Accurate Miniature Avenger TBM-3

Accurate Miniature TBM-3 Avenger 1/48th scale. The only addition is the harness. This kit is coming up for 20 years old now. This version was released in 1996. It's painted in Aeromaster acrylic. Markings are from USS Intrepid.

image.jpg6_zpsic66f3u0.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsswlthwmh.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsdvubefqp.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsn593gh0w.jpg

image.jpg1_zps8pnbt2ss.jpg

image.jpg9_zpsonvoaiib.jpg

image.jpg11_zpsfyuf5hy7.jpg

image.jpg5_zpswst7xrvn.jpg

image.jpg12_zpskxakh8bk.jpg

image.jpg8_zpsgf25d4aw.jpg

image.jpg7_zpsstdpnckl.jpg

image.jpg15_zpsepjzdpcc.jpg

image.jpg13_zpsugjjn438.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsz894y5xo.jpg

image.jpg1_zps12iqidyp.jpg

image.jpg14_zpsxwuogl1y.jpg

image.jpg10_zpszupsgvba.jpg

Thank you for looking, Joe.

• Like 33

Twenty years?!?! It feels like it was just yesterday that AM came like a bull through the hall with its state of the art kits. Where has the time gone?

But anyway, you did a great job on this. I like the fresh blue look on this.

I never did manage to get the tail turret to fit on mine. What was your method?

• Like 2

Superb! But 20 years old??!! :yikes:

The AM kit did not have folding wings, but KMC and more recently Wolfpack did a resin conversion.

• Like 2

Very exellent built! Superb paintwork, Very sober!

Didnt`t thougt that the kit is 20 years old.

Regards

Andy

Thank you Andy, it does not seem possible that it's that old!

looks good! nice clean sweet build!

Thank you Reini78

Twenty years?!?! It feels like it was just yesterday that AM came like a bull through the hall with its state of the art kits. Where has the time gone?

But anyway, you did a great job on this. I like the fresh blue look on this.

I never did manage to get the tail turret to fit on mine. What was your method?

Thank you SoftScience, it was state of the art when it was released. I'm sorry, I can't remember how I fitted the turret.

Lovely build, does this kit allow you to build it with the wings folded back ?

Thank you Blitz23. There was no wing fold option with the kit, but if I remember rightly, a company called KMC made a resin wing fold set.

• Like 1

Superb! But 20 years old??!! :yikes:

The AM kit did not have folding wings, but KMC and more recently Wolfpack did a resin conversion.

Sorry Mark, I was writing the replies when you posted. Thank you, it was a great kit all those years ago. I thought KMC made a wing fold, but I didn't know Wolfpack did. Regards, Joe.

That is an exceptionally sharp clean build. I do have that kit in my "Stash". Thanks for taking the time to post the photos. I really appreciate it. Bob

• Like 1

I remember building one of these around 1998, I thought it was the best kit I'd ever seen at that time, I think it's still really good given it's age.

A really nice build, clean and crisp!

Rich

• Like 1

This is probably my favorate kit of all time. Goes together beautifully with some great details OOB. I've built two with another six in the stash with a couple of dangerboy and one KMC wing fold sets..

All will be FAA, just waiting to move house later in the summer, will have a dedicated modeling room in the new place and will be cracking these open...

Hope they turn out as nicely as yours has

Supurb...

• Like 1

Looks fantastic, nice work

Thank you batcode, regards, Joe.

That is an exceptionally sharp clean build. I do have that kit in my "Stash". Thanks for taking the time to post the photos. I really appreciate it. Bob

Thank you very much Bob, I enjoyed taking the photos, regards, Joe.

I remember building one of these around 1998, I thought it was the best kit I'd ever seen at that time, I think it's still really good given it's age.

A really nice build, clean and crisp!

Rich

Thank you Rich, I agree, I thought it was the best kit I had made at the time. Very well moulded, good fit with no filler required. The internal detail reminded of the 1/48th Monogram kits that I had made. Regards, Joe.

A really lovely build Joe! I'm guessing the white on the tail and wingtip is painted rather than a decal? Lovely and crisp! What masking do you use, btw?

Thank you Hairystick, that's correct. I used Tamiya tape. I've used it for as long as I can remember. I always buy the widest one and trim it to size. It last longer that way I find. Regards, Joe.

Great looking model. Veyr nice.

Many thanks Jan, regards, Joe.

This is probably my favorate kit of all time. Goes together beautifully with some great details OOB. I've built two with another six in the stash with a couple of dangerboy and one KMC wing fold sets..

All will be FAA, just waiting to move house later in the summer, will have a dedicated modeling room in the new place and will be cracking these open...

Hope they turn out as nicely as yours has

Supurb...

Thank you very much OzH, I've got a set of Aeromaster FAA decals ready and waiting. Regards, Joe.

20 years ago? Wow...

I have one on the shelf of doom, I must finish it - still one of the best kits ever made, imo.

I know What you mean Rob. It really is a cracking kit. Regards,Joe.

• Like 1

Another lovely job, Joe, I really like what you've done with that.

Adam

Thank you very much Adam.

That's a great build of a Buzzard Brigade Avenger.

Stephen

Thank you Steve, I never knew they were called the Buzzard Brigade. I learn something new every day. :)
  • Like 1

This came out at the same time as the kits, it's an excellent book dealing with the history of VT-10

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Buzzard-Brigade-Torpedo-Squadron-Ten/dp/1575100118/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1436042920&sr=8-4&keywords=The+Buzzard+Brigade

Stephen

Thanks Steve. The cover and box art are the same. Regards, Joe

Very nice work looks great !

Many thanks pascal JMW, regards, Joe