Complaint Time

JohnT

If we can be offered a 1/48 Valkerie (nice but not many options) why no Valiant/Vulcan/Victor (left the best till last) in same scale?

How much to crowd fund a manufacture?

Ps not a "real" complaint

• Like 2

why not do a crowd-construct? One can provide the plans/drawings, the second puts it in the CAD, someone can etch the metal parts, one does the decals... I'm sure with the know-how in this board, it could be done! Especially on british types, where there is still first-hand-knowhow available.

Alex

There's a 1/48 Valkyrie?! People have too much space!

EDIT: Just seen the thread two doors down. Wow. Really.

Edited by Brokenedge

If we can be offered a 1/48 Valkerie (nice but not many options) why no Valiant/Vulcan/Victor (left the best till last) in same scale?

I agree but keep getting told there is no real market for it, RUBBISH . Id buy the whole production ahha. Mind you if they leave the production off a bit longer when everyone who remembers the V force aint around and XH558 is bricked up in its tomb they will have totally missed the boat. You think in the last year that companies would be rushing to get V bomber kits out while interest it high and emotions too. I guess we might be more likely to see a model of the great British telephone box in 1/24 scale..

The good thing is the Airfix Vulcan is very accurate and I bet a new one would not be as accurate. But would love to see it all the same and be proved wrong.

My feelings are the same for the Victor.

Seems WW2 is the fashion at the mo. Mind you its never been out neither has the cold war in my book.

At least Pit Road and GWH have done us proud I love the 1/144 jobs and hope they upscale them

• Like 1

I guess we might be more likely to see a model of the great British telephone box in 1/24 scale..

Umm, I hate to tell you this, Rob, but...

http://www.artesanialatina.net/EN/heritage-collection/20320--london-telephone-box.html

And it's 1/10 scale.

But I do agree that with the Vulcan retiring at the end of the year the window for a new 1/72 kit has closed.

Edited by T7 Models
  • Like 1

http://www.artesanialatina.net/EN/heritage-collection/20320--london-telephone-box.html

And it's 1/10 scale.

But I do agree that with the Vulcan retiring at the end of the year the window for a new 1/72 kit has closed.

HAHAHHAH Awsome and a very cool model of a Telephone box it is too. I think the Vulcan and Victor kits would be popular whenever but it seems insane with such popularity that they have not been done. It's like Hornby in an alternate universe deciding never to make a model of the Flying Scotsman it just would not happen. The Vulcan is surely of that calibre and the Victor too.

You thing that these companies would be falling over themselves to release them.

If I ever earn enough money I would start my own company to make all V Bombers and variants all decals and add ons and any prototype research craft in both 1/72 and 1/48. I and the. Consider other options for other kits. But I am in no position to do that. Sadly

• Like 1

Sanger's 1/48th Vulcan is not that far down the road.

And Gerald seemed interested in doing all the V bombers, so...

We always get this "if only they'd done a..... instead" thread after someone announces a new kit, but at least with John at the helm, we know it's in good humour :) HpH have some crazy people deciding on what kit to do next, but I do admire their bravery, and you have to admit that the finished kit is going to be about as impressive as you'll get, especially if you plonk it down next to one of their Concords :frantic:

If we're putting out "if only..." wishes out there, I'd settle for a 1:48 Stirling. C'mon someone... get it sorted! :fight:

• Like 1

And it's 1/10 scale.

I heard Eduard are doing a set of 1:10 etch calling cards for this.

• Like 2

If we're putting out "if only..." wishes out there, I'd settle for a 1:48 Stirling. C'mon someone... get it sorted! :fight:

A 1:48 Stirling?

I'm sure I've seen a WIP somewhere on the web, I just can't remember where.

:bleh:

Sebastien

Well I know that crowdfunding works, Iron Sky is the best known one we all may be aware of but there are many others.

So could we really do it for a 1/48th Vulcan?

I can see two options here;

A. See if John Adams would be prepared to make a new batch of his Aeroclub kit with corrections/additions if needed or Gerald at Sanger or anybody similar. The crowd buy the whole run and buy what they commit to at a reduced price then the rest get sold to the masses at a higher price. This would be cheaper than an all injected item, the commitments would be paid for upfront so sales are solid, the work is done in the UK (by a very nice man) perhaps with physical help from the crowd? and if the demand is there the project would make a profit which could be rolled into the next product.

B. Start from scratch (useful stuff that scratch :bleh: ) and make an injected kit. This is more of a curate's egg I think. On the downside It will be much more expensive, it will be a lot more work at the least because the volumes would be higher, we would have to sort distribution and we would have no idea of how many we would actually sell. On the brightside we would have more potential sales, if we get it right the rewards would be much higher, there will be more opportunity for people to physically participate, we would stimulate other manufacturers to improve ( bit controversial among economists that one but it does seem to hold in retail generally) and finally it would be much more satisfying.

As we have no idea how accurate our beliefs are I think A would be best with us moving up to B after a few products. What do you think?