Japanese Themed Diorama Shot on 16mm Film

Hi everyone,

We were recently commissioned to create a really unique brandicon1.png video for our client Yutaka Foods- Europe's largest Japanese food importer.

GND_Yutaka_01.jpg

I just wanted to let you know that we have now built the models and shot them all, edited and uploaded the video online.

GND_Yutaka_03.jpg

The 70 secs ad was shot in London using miniature models painstakingly created by our team of model makers. (It took them 5 weeks to build 5 different sets)

GND_Yutaka_12.jpg

The actual shoot took 5 days and the entire video was shot on 16mm film. We wanted to use traditional film cameras to give the video a sense of nostalgia that you can only achieve with a real film grain.

GND_Yutaka_16.jpg

Would love to hear any feedback from the forum about the photos!
  • Like 6

:gobsmacked: Ok, whoever has done that, they've got 100% of my envy!! And I'm not talking about the video or the pictures themselves, which are obviously highly professional and just wonderful - it's the diorama sets.

Luckily, I can regard at this as being done by very clever professionals, otherwise I'd quit modelling ... pheew! :lol::analintruder:

Ciao

• Like 1

Totally Speechless . Incredible models and stunning filming.

Thanks very much!!

Amazing stuff, very well done! Where abouts in London was the location and where is your work shop?

I have to say though - your model maker looks extremely young! :winkgrin:

Jeffrey

Believe it or not the whole thing was built and shot in a tiny flat in the Barbican!

The model maker is very young- 6 years old i think. Just put him forward on Channel 4's child genius tv show! :P

• 3 weeks later...