Coaster model

This is a miniature model of the collier Frederick T. Everard, a vessel in which I sailed in 1962. Quite an easy build as there were not many guard rails, only two lifeboats. I always though yellow was a strange colour for a collier, but it made an attractive build, ideal for anyone just starting out in miniatures. I took the photograph of the model before I got the hang of it. I never like the ever-popular crumpled sheet background, so photographed them on a table with a white background, but the table, white background and shadows detracted from the model. I now use a large, curved white card for the background, and photograph them by natural light on a slightly dull day so there are no shadows

Bob

Frederick_T_Everard.jpg

• Like 13

Coasters are another neglected area, of course. This one is really nice. Some of the coasters that came into St. Peter Port were very handsome vessels. There was even a steam powered coaster, reputed to be the last one. That was in 1970

Another beauty Bob. A question though "Has some one nicked you pen?"

Another question,your cabinets do you cut your own glass or get a shop to do it?

The edging on the corners does that hold the glass together or just to hide the adhesive?

Sorry for the cross questioning but I an thinking about making one or more for my favorite dust trap models

Thanks,

I built the model years ago, before I took to using the pen as an international indicator of the size. Yes, the yellow Everard ships were known as "The Yellow Perils!"

Bob