Mikoyan Mig-21MFN Weekend Edition

Shar2

Mikoyan Mig-21MFN Weekend Edition

Eduard 1:48

boxtop.jpg

The history of the Mig-21 is pretty well known with the type being produced in numerous versions for untold number of air forces throughout the world. This mainstay of Soviet aviation and their allies is still in service in many smaller air forces providing the modeller with an amazing choice of camouflage and markings.

The Model
Eduard are really getting the most out of their moulds as this kit is of the upgraded version of the Mig-21MF reviewed HERE, the only difference that the Czech Air force had them fitted out with NATO standard avionics, so externally the only real way of telling the difference is the aerial fit. As such, you will have quite a few spare parts left over after the build when compared with the standard MF. Although this is the Weekend Edition, Eduard have still provided a set of pre-painted self adhesive seatbelts, which is nice to have as these are usually the only thing you need to add to a kit even if building out of the box.

seatbelts.jpg

Decals
What this kit does have over the other versions are the fabulous decals. You get three sheets in total. One with all the stencils, one with the Czech insignia, markings for the standard scheme and the wording for the special paint scheme, the third sheet carries the tail markings for the special scheme. All the decals are beautifully printed, in register, with good density and little visible carrier film. The two schemes provided are for the following:-

decals1.jpg

• Mig-21MFN, 41’ Fighter Squadron, Caslav Air Base, Czech Republic, October 2002
  • Mig-21MFN 211th Squadron, Czech Air Force, Caslav Air Base, July 12th 2005.

decals2.jpg

decals3.jpg

Conclusion
The Eduard Mig-21 series are all beautiful kits, both to look at and build, and this shouldn’t be any different. The tail decals for the special scheme could be a little fiddly, but the effort will be worth the result of having an interesting scheme in your collection. Very highly recommended.

bin-new.jpg

Review sample courtesy of logo.gif

I'm really beginning to hate these reviews, that's three Eduard Mig-21 kits and an untold amount of Brassin resin parts I've bought in the last few weeks, my poor wallet is screaming in agony (this kit should be delivered tomorrow :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'm really beginning to hate these reviews, that's three Eduard Mig-21 kits and an untold amount of Brassin resin parts I've bought in the last few weeks, my poor wallet is screaming in agony (this kit should be delivered tomorrow :thumbsup:

Share your pain i ended up with a Zvezda Mil-26 Halo and the Eduard sets for the kit after seeing

yours.

• Like 1

Please no more Eduard Mig-21 reviews, my wallet will be eternally grateful, well maybe a few more

Stuff I've bought in the last few weeks

11700918_676962412437013_433475492659654

11695913_676962762436978_669065772536022

Edited by NormanD
  • Like 3

I didn't Julien, I have two of them, well shall we say, being watched and ready to strike :thumbsup: ... I really hate the reviewers on here :whistle::sorry: