Tracks for Tiger 1

model_insania

Hi all,

I've just received a Zvedza Tiger today purchased via ebay and to my shock/horror...I discovered I'm missing the flexible band tracks. I've contacted the seller, but in the meantime, what decent third party, reasonably priced track options are there?

I've only used the flexible tracks previously, and quiet happy using them, so something similar would be ideal, though cursory glance seems to suggest idividual tracks would be the only available option.

Regarsds,

Greg

What version of the Tiger I is it? - Early, middle, late? :hmmm:

I have an early Tamiya Initial version laying around somewhere, and I have already bought some aftermarket trakcs for it, so if they fit, you can have the Tamiya tracks for free. :)

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

Edited by HansReggelsen

Hi Hans,

Thanks for the response and your kind offer, it's an early version, but truthfully I'm not too precious which version will be fitted.

I'm waiting to see if the seller can located the missing tracks, but now I've had time to site and look whats out there I've been drawn mysteriously to the workable tracks, they're expesive but do look nice.

I'm being slowly tempted along a new path....damn the internet!

Cheers,

G

• 2 weeks later...

As an update, the seller couldn't find the kit tracks, they offered me some other random tracks pulled out of a swedish CV90 IFV; fair to say they don't know much about armour modelling!

I got a discount so am now on the look out for a set of workable tracks. Been looking at the Friul tracks, with the Euro weaking it makes very tempting!

• 1 month later...

I've just finished using AFV's workable plastic tracks for the Tiger 1 early. They are a little finicky to assemble, but look great when finished, and are less than 1/2 the cost of metal. I'd recommend them.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234986816-135-tiger-1-tunisia/

Colin

• Like 1

I've used the AFV sets and they look really good, I've done the normal tiger tracks and the transport tracks on my project not 009 or 007. They are a lot cheaper than any metal tracks.

Ozzy

Edited by Ozzy

what scale is it? AFV club only has 1/48 workable track, if it is 1/35, modelkasten has a plastic track set http://www.bnamodelworld.com/modelkasten/mk-sk-2not cheap though.

AFV has 1/35th workable plastic tracks for both early and late Tigers (to quote a well known cereal icon - They're GREAT!)

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/afvclub/afv35093.htm

Colin