1/72 - CANT Z.506 Airone (upgraded moulds) by Italeri - released

Homebee

Same as they've done to a couple of the other Supernodel kits, rudimentary interior, better clear bits and a small etch fret......Unlikely to justify the expected initial RRP, I suspect, but it will probably become available on e-bay in a month or two at a more sensible price. :wicked:

Couple of EBAY listings by European sellers. One at £19.48 & the other at £22.67. Not unreasonable I think.Hefty postage though - £13.46 & 10.20 respectively. Hopefully these kits might be indicative of UK r r p but, you never know with Rip Off UK Inc! The big H has it listed as a future release with price tba. However, they have the CANT Z 501 at £22.50 so, that might give an indication. The 501 is a very nice kit despite its age. Think I first bought that round about 1976!!!

Allan

29.5 Euros on the Italeri site. What's your rate of exchange? The local peso is plummeting, again.

That's £20.91 sterling

Allan

3 RAAF had a z 501. RAF apparently had at least 3 HK 977,HK978 and HK 979 after Italian surrender. What happened to one that was hijacked?

Edited by dalea

Pricing is horrible, it retails here for 710 CZK (GBP = 37 CZK), for comparison, Italeri Savoia S.79 sells for 350 CZK.

What is even more horrible - I will buy it anyway, actually in about 15 minutes I am off to a local shop instead of lunch, as I can't wait.

I can only pat myself on my back I resisted the "upgraded" CR.32 with the 1960s style fabric wings, yuck. On the contrary the Airone looks like a reasonably modern kit, no matter what "upgrades" were actually made.