Maryland AR707 turret?

Redboost

Finally, there's the whole "tail turret being fitted to the mid-upper location" problem. Access to tail turrets was typically via a pair of doors at the rear of the turret whereas access to mid-upper turrets was from the fuselage below. Seems a strange thing to use a tail turret in a mid-upper location.

Or am I missing something???

Cheers,

Mark

What I've read about the Air Engineering Officer on Malta, a chap named Louks, suggests that overcoming this would have been a very minor irritation... The phrases "can't be done" and "nobody can fix that" seem not to have applied to him!

I know, it really is terribly unfair and old fashioned for someone to spend many hours of their own time, and their own money on things like photographs (originals or good prints, and reproduction rights from archives), digest the information, distill it into a quality narrative, assemble the whole, and then have the gall to actually ask someone to pay for a copy.

I assume it is THIS BOOK, and I've provided a link to Amazon UK, where a copy can be purchased.

bob

Well, now that I know what the book is titled, maybe I will buy one. Even though I am now retired and on a pension, I will see if I can gather the funds.

Chris

hi

Via google,

Maybe something similar or maybe not ?

I dont have the book being discussed now

Copyright credited to newton via r c jones

http://s92.photobucket.com/user/chris7421/media/Mar%201%20001.jpg.html

Cheers

Jerry

This image is from the old Profile Publication No.232. I posted it here a few days ago.

Chris

I do have a copy of that photo but it isn`t the photo from my book. At least you know what the Maryland looks like now, there are quite a few photos of them fitted with the A.W turret knocking about,

Cheers

Tony

This image is from the old Profile Publication No.232. I posted it here a few days ago.

Chris

Hi

yeah sorry end of a long shift, the brain wasnt working

jerry

Hi

yeah sorry end of a long shift, the brain wasnt working

jerry

I hear you, Brother. Worked day and night shifts for 35 years. Just retired in March.

Chris

Edited by dogsbody