Server Migration pending Read more... ×
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

172flogger

1/72 - Hawker Tempest Mk.V/Mk.II - by Eduard

Ok so I can't get google translate to work but a decent (and easier to build than the Special Hobby kit) Tempest II would be great!

thanks

Mike

Edited by Mikemx

I'm so excited I can only barely restrain myself from typing in all caps. I THINK I HAVE IT UNDER CONTROL

If they're doing a II, a VI should also be possible, surely?

Anything that fits together better than the MPM/Special Hobby kit has to be welcome! I sanded the wheel well roof transparent, sanded the bottom and also inside the wing - did it fit? No.

Horrid kit. Much prefer the old Matchbox one.

If they're doing a II, a VI should also be possible, surely?

Anything that fits together better than the MPM/Special Hobby kit has to be welcome! I sanded the wheel well roof transparent, sanded the bottom and also inside the wing - did it fit? No.

Horrid kit. Much prefer the old Matchbox one.

I had a similar experience to that. That kit was definitely not MPM/Special Hobby's finest hour.

I ended up sacrificing a Smer/Heller Tempest for gear wells, MLG legs, prop and canopy.

I went down the Academy Mk. V with a Heritage Mk. II conversion, which was very successful. As soon as I finish, Eduard do this. Curse you, modelling gods!

I opened the thread thinking 'why can't they do this in 1/48th as well?', only to find out that they are! Great news for both scales.

If it's up to the quality of their Spitfire then it'll be a pant-wettingly exciting release. Perhaps I can finally retire my converted Mk.II from the display case!

J.

Edited by JasonC

I had a similar experience to that. That kit was definitely not MPM/Special Hobby's finest hour.

I ended up sacrificing a Smer/Heller Tempest for gear wells, MLG legs, prop and canopy.

I made similar sacrifice, hope this one will be more buildable.

Looks like "oops, didn't mean that" kinda message. Cool down guys, its 1/48 scale.

Well crap on a cracker! I would have bought a 1/72 Mk.II.

Chris

Good morning

I think Airfix would make good money if they release a Tempest II / VI in 1/72 scale next year after the Typhoon in 2014...

Downscaled 1/72 Tempest (II, V and VI) is confirmed but not for now.

1/48 version is expected for end of the 2016 or early 2017 years.

1/72 not before 2017.

Well looking at the time it has taken the Sunderland and the Gnat to appear I would think not before 2017 means about 2019 in time for my state pension and bus pass

Edited by Martin T

Well looking at the time it has taken the Sunderland and the Gnat to appear I would think not before 2017 means about 2019 in time for my state pension and bus pass

Both of those are MPM kits, though; this is Eduard.

Both of those are MPM kits, though; this is Eduard.

Good point that, I suppose I was thinking about kits that are announced and then appear a long time later. If the Tempest is anywhere as good as the 1/72nd scale Hellcat it will be worth the wait.