1/72 - Fokker D.VII - by Eduard

172flogger

15 minutes ago, sroubos said:

It would be nice if Eduard could include some non-German decals, there is so much available already and the lozenges are a real headache. Can I suggest a Dutch version?

Now that Arma have shown the way with their Fokker E.V, I think Eduard would be missing a trick if they did not include lozenge transfers.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Seahawk said:

Now that Arma have shown the way with their Fokker E.V, I think Eduard would be missing a trick if they did not include lozenge transfers.

Eduard lozenge has improved over the decades, but is still far short of the mark regarding colours and not really the best starting point. For subjects used mostly by Germany they also usually include a non German scheme or two, if the subject ever wore them. Also for allied machines. Dutch interned Bristol Fighter, for starters.

I note the schemes shown in post 23 are the same as in some of their 1/48th offerings, most of which are also available as aftermarket sets in many scales. Plastic looks intersting though.

Paul.

22 hours ago, Seahawk said:

I don't want to do lozenges, period. There's too many of those schemes out there already, be it in kits or as aftermarket sheets. I've got the WNW D-VII kit and it is a work of art but why just German decals? I really hope Eduard do not make that mistake.

They can take a page from Airfix's book here, they generally include a left-field kind of option in all their series 2+ kits. And Airfix only do two options, how hard is it do something non-standard if you include up to ten options in your kit?

Why why all this nit picking I just wanty wanty. Lozenge or no Lozenge I just could'nt care less. I will buy the whole lot and more.

Bye bye Rodent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2019 at 10:16 AM, Homebee said:

Almost parts for two aircrafts. Two different fuselages in one kit. Lots of props and wheels too...

Cheers / André

Edited by Andre B
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got four of these for the Jasta 40 Pheon decals. I 'm not a Fokker D7 expert and was wondering what is the other fuselage that comes with this kit. I went on the Wingnut sight to compare but didn't find it. I can google it but I rather ask here .

Thanks

Rick

1 hour ago, rickpeck said:

Just got four of these for the Jasta 40 Pheon decals. I 'm not a Fokker D7 expert and was wondering what is the other fuselage that comes with this kit. I went on the Wingnut sight to compare but didn't find it. I can google it but I rather ask here .

Thanks

Rick

One is a mid production OAW fuselage and the other is a late production OAW fuselage (OAW being the manufacturer) - the D7 had many differences between the Albatros, OAW and Fokker produced examples, mainly around the nose panels, but in other areas as well. So much so that Windsock did 3 volumes on it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/eduard-r0019-fokker-dvii--1196311

Any word on why was the Royal Class cancelled?

I can't find any information regarding this. Did I miss some Eduard Info texts?

As of today, there aren't any of the previously released Royal Class kits available at the Eduard Shop. Were they cancelled altogether?

Edited by komoras
Punctuation

I don't remember seeing anything about the Royal Class being cancelled either. Eduard don't appear to be issuing many 1/72 releases of any of their kits and this may be a result of the fire at their warehouse which destroyed a lot of stock I believe.

Cheers

Phil