1/72 - Fokker D.VII - by Eduard

172flogger

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Fresh news - Source: https://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2017/info-eduard-2017-01EN.pdf

There are also another two 1/72 kits in progress. These are the Fokker D.VII and the MiG-21MF. Both are almost complete in the design stages. Their release depends on the capacity and practical efficiency of our tool shop after the planned innovations. I suspect that there is chance of releasing at least one of them during this year.

V.P.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I built the old, but nice, Revell one but inserted a surplus engine from a Roden D VII. Now I'm searching for a branch pipe that fits the engine...

Edited by Matave

• 4 weeks later...

Source: https://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2019/info-eduard-2019-01en.pdf

(...) In principle, this will be a scaled down version of the 48th scale kit, but it will be modified to the point where the older and larger version will be mostly unidentifiable. As with our recent releases, we put quite a bit of effort into simplifying construction of this kit, and I think that fans of this scale will be satisfied along those lines as well.
The entire line of Fokker D.VIIs will feature revised lozenge patterns which will reflect the most recent research surrounding this mysterious item. The line of D.VIIs will open with the Fokker D.VII OAW, which I consider to be the most striking of all these aircraft. As with the 48th scale version of the model, most of these 72nd scale kits, except for the Austro-Hungarian MAG, will have two versions of the fuselage and in the case of the OAW, these will be the two last production versions. There is a third version of the OAW being planned as well, allowing the option of building Ernst Udet’s famous red/white aircraft. As noted and to the contrary, the MAG version will offer just the one fuselage type, as there was just the one, but this kit will offer the relevant differences in the radiator and prop, including the popular four bladed type. The MAG will come out in October, it will be available at E-day, and it will also be released as a Limited Edition kit similar to the 48th scale item. (...)

F.jpg

V.P.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Procopius said:

Time to order some of the Techmod Polish D.VII decals, I think!

It is better wait for update. These decals are a bit old and some of these schemes have been better researched lately. It is like with other old planes - "traditional" schemes were based on few and rather poor quality photos, and while their designers did their job carefuly and decently, they had no access to many important photographs which emerged from the old family albums only lately thanks to the Internet fora and auctions.

Example: the white-and-red chevron on the Fokker D.VII atributed to Stefan Bastyr was in fact white-and-black and it is clearly visible on the photos printed in the new book about 15th Eskadra (BTW, this Fokker was not Bastyr's, which is confirmed by documents). Also the "white hand" marking is in fact not hand, but fancy JH tied together - initials of the pilot, Józef Hendricks.

Some pictures here (scroll down to photos)

https://www.asta24.pl/2018/12/13/iv-eskadra-wielkopolska-15-eskadra-mysliwska/

• Thanks 2

On 11/12/2018 at 17:20, sroubos said:

Wasn't this supposed to be part of Eduard's '72nd scale revolution'?

I think they have released only the Mig-21 since that announcement in 72nd scale. Not much of a revolution.

I think the revolution is that 1/72 is getting replaced with 1/48 :)

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Eduard's press conference at Nuremberg Toy Fair 2019 (01/02) report:

http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2019/Eduard_PK/Eduard_PK_1.htm

- ref. R0019 - Fokker D.VII - Royal Class - in May 2019
- ref. xxxxxx - Fokker D.VII (Alb.) - ProfiPACK - in 2020

- ref. xxxxxx - Fokker D.VII (Fok.) - ProfiPACK - in 2020

- ref. 70132 - Fokker D.VII MAG - ProfiPACK -  in October 2019

- ref. 70131 - Fokker D.VII OAW late - ProfiPACK

Eduard_PK_12.jpg

Eduard_PK_13.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

Great to see some progress on this. I'll definitely get the Royal Class boxing.

It would be nice if Eduard could include some non-German decals, there is so much available already and the lozenges are a real headache. Can I suggest a Dutch version?

Edited by sroubos