MiG 21F-13 (RoG 1:72)

Ian

I bought one of these little crackers when they first came-out about five years back, but sold it before we moved-out, one of those things you instantly regret as soon as you've done it. I was so pleased when at the end of last year, I read that it was going to be re-released earlier this year. I got my order-in and got mine from Hannants within two days of it hitting the shelves in the UK - Great service guys.

This will either be a NMF/PLAAF machine or a post-Six Day War Syrian AF one in desert camo. Got all the markings I need on an old Begemot sheet, and very nice they are aswell. Not going to be adding any extras at all, well maybe swap-out the rocket pods for AA-2 missiles but that's all.. and it will have the bench to itself.

Stay tuned, I'm planning to start tomorrow.

AFN

Ian.

RoG%20MiG%2021F_zps7xnrxrkt.jpg

Date%20stamp%20B_zpseu56mfr8.jpg

ps:

The phone is in the pics as I'm building this for a GB on another forum aswell.

• Like 3

I have one of these, but will do it in one of the kit supplied Finnish schemes since one of the them has my middle name on the tail :D

Funny thing was that I pulled it out of the stash to have a look at it and see what sort of build it would be just the other day.

Will be following with interest.

:popcorn:

• Like 1

Hey. :-) I,m building exactly the same model . I'm tuned in!

I have build another on the past and I must say it has many things you must correct.

For the Syrian roundels you must know that you must skip the fuselage roundels. Right?

For the Syrian roundels you must know that you must skip the fuselage roundels. Right?

Not sure on that, but I'll go-ahead and check on it, thanks.

Ian.

Edited by Ian

Not as much done as I'd hoped due to one of 'Daddies Little Stormtroopers' being home sick.

1_zps6e94kpwk.jpg
2b_zpstbdrhcr4.jpg
Mainly adding the myriad of ducts, vents and scoops to the fuselage, adding the u/c bays and then putting the wings together. If there's a spare thirty minutes or so this evening, and it isn't too cold in the garage, I'll try and get a coat of bluish grey on the cockpit parts. Have to say the ejector seat detail is outstanding and the fuselage scribing is superb.
Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment.
Ian.
Edited by Ian

Nice background image you have on your windows machine. :-)

About the roundels,

A recent research on the forums for the Syrian markings indicated that Syrians never used roundels on the sides of the fuselage.

I ve read that too accidentally on rv aircraft's facebook page.A member there was suggesting Radek to remove the roundels from his mig-21pfm kit!

For the kit, there are sink marks all over the body. On your copy i can see on the right side of the fuselage at nose and at pilot entry area.

Another week point of the kit is the nose, quick boost had corrected this with an aftermarket product.

Finally the canopy doesn't fit good creating a height difference with the second part of the canopy, if you have it closed.

I tried a walk around for this on my kit by removing some plastic from the spine. That increased the available width for the canopy and ity seemss that now sits good.

• Like 1

Very helpful, thanks for that - especially the closed canopy issues. Yep I'm well aware of the sink marks and I'll attend to them in due course. Unfortunately both of 'Daddies Little Stormtroopers' are home sick this week, and we start our two-week winter holiday on Monday... if I get any time at all at the bench it's not going to be much more than twenty minutes here-and-there...

...very frustrating :boom:

Ian.

Edited by Ian

Have a speedy recovery.

Luck of free time is It's hard, i know and the worst part is when that free time comes and you feel tired. You cant' to do anything and finally you sit here on the forum :P