Airfix Tucano, something for the weekend...

I made the most of the Wonderland Models' fathers' day offers and got myself a Tuc to do as a bit of a mojo booster (Plus, RAF Bathroom needed a trainer). I've done one before so I knew what to expect. A bit of work in places, but I'm pleased with the outcome. I finished this as the Church Fenton display aircraft, mainly as I remember seeing these and Jet Provosts flying low over my house as a youngster from CF and Linton-on-Ouse. As intended it's all OOB apart from some etched belts from Eduard and PJ Productions pilots. Base is a bathroom tile covered in fine grit sandpaper keeping up the RAF Bathroom tradition. Not intended to be a close-up kit, but looks great from a distance...with scrunched up eyes...in the dark...

I hope you enjoy!

IMG_3626_zpswqlwmxgg.jpg

IMG_3624_zps8qjh8btr.jpg

IMG_3644_zpstk0ik1uf.jpg

IMG_3639_zpstqyiq45j.jpg

IMG_3637_zpsjqwwelf9.jpg

IMG_3632_zpsdhk72tiw.jpg

IMG_3631_zpsl1bdmmuy.jpg

David

• Like 29

It does look great even without turning the screen lighting of my laptop down to a minimum!!!

The pilots look extremely well done for this scale! And although I am not aware of the RAF bathroom tradition, the use of a bathroom tile is really clever!

Well done!

JR

• Like 1

Hi Matt:

Congratulations for the nice Tucano you did!!!

Looking from the distance and from a close up, the job you have done with this one is very commendable and the effort you put on her is well recognized by the nice results you have obtained.

I have this one and think is a great kit, hope one day the Good Guys from Airfix do the PT6 and Super Tucano sisters, and also The Pilatus PC7 and PC 9/T6 group to have a nice family of trainers to build,

Thank you very much for sharing,

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1

Thank you all for your kind words!

It does look great even without turning the screen lighting of my laptop down to a minimum!!!

The pilots look extremely well done for this scale! And although I am not aware of the RAF bathroom tradition, the use of a bathroom tile is really clever!

Well done!

JR

Haha, thanks! RAF Bathroom is what I call my collection. I've recently found myself with leftover bathroom tiles and limited space to display my kits so decided to combine the two. I've challenged myself to build dioramas within the confines of the 6x6 square.

Very nice mini diorama. You can almost hear one pilot saying "I'm sure we've landed on a bathroom tile" ;)

Ha! I get the feeling we should have a caption competition!

Just a quick question for future reference, does Humbrol "Signal Red" always come out looking slightly orange or was it something I've done? I put a base coat of white underneath, otherwise it went straight on.

Love the figures- they look alive and mobile, something I think is very hard to achieve

:goodjob:

I have to say I can only take partial credit for this. The PJ Productions do scrub up very nicely with minimal persuasion!

• 3 weeks later...

That looks excellent David. The tyre marks on the ground are subtle and all that that tile needed. I love the aircraft. The colours and decals are really neat.

Could they be talking about the fillings of their sandwiches in their packed lunch boxes?

Best wishes

Danyel

• Like 1