B-24 J Liberator update 27-8-2015

And finally here are some pictures of the progress made.

Two pictures of adding the wings. As you can see the rudders are already in place.

left wing.

IMG_2457_zps7nyloyla.jpg

Right wing

IMG_2458_zps0hzw4jav.jpg

I have also placed the cowling rings to the wings. Here are two detail pictures of it.

IMG_2455_zps4f56nduz.jpg

IMG_2456_zpsrxmlqfm4.jpg

As you can see the engines are already painted. This will be carefully masked when painted starts.

Now the most dreaded part to come will be crash mould the top of the front/tail turret.

Cheers,

There is still no ferther progress. I am still thinking of how I will do the turrets.

I think that crashmoulding won't work. So at the moment I am thinking of vacuum forming. But that also gives me head aches. Than I first need to build a machine and to be ohnest I am a little bit lazy. I will have a look tomorrow.

Cheers,

I have done today some work on the seams. Still need to a few things to do, but I think I will do some more work on it next week.

I have also (tried to) make a vac.form machine. The kit that seals it must now dry.

I hope I can try to use it next week. I then also will put on some pictures of it.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

It has been a while sins a update. I have tried this week to vac-form some new tops for the turrets, but it isn't working jet. So I will leave this build alone till I get more time for it. I also don't want to ruin the build.

So this will come now onto the shelf of shame.

Cheers,

Luckely I still have a second set of clear parts. That will be my safety net.

Now I am bussy with the Ar-234 P5. Need to do some work on it before I can close it.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

I know that this kit is now on the shelf of shame. I will finish it, but not now. Need to do a better job next time.

Thanxs everybody for watching this build.

Cheers,