I Can't Find a Dullcoat/ Matt Finish Available in the UK for my Tiger.

Plundersquirrel

Hi there,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but I can't seem to find any Dullcoats or Matt Finishes, as stated in the title. I've done the gloss - decal - gloss, and now my model is quite glossy, and I just can't seem to get a hold of any dullcoats etc.

My first port of call would be a Physical Hobby Shop, like Hobbycraft.

If you can confirm an online shop is reliable, then I'll happily order from them.

Thanks in advance.

As am I as the OP, be warned much runnier then traditional varnishes so keep an eye on them for runs/pools

Thanks.

Hi, if you are going to Hobbycraft, get a bottle of Winsor & Newton acrylic matt varnish. Be warned this can be very matt. Hope this helps.

try here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/46166-winsor-newton-galeria-matt-varnish/?hl=+matt +varnish

Mick

Thanks for the link.

Hi,

Have a look at this thread:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234983376-acrylic-varnish-matt/?view=getnewpost

As you'll read, I'm now a Winsor & Newton convert, it's great stuff :)

Thanks.

Hi, if you are going to Hobbycraft, get a bottle of Winsor & Newton acrylic matt varnish. Be warned this can be very matt. Hope this helps.

try here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/46166-winsor-newton-galeria-matt-varnish/?hl=+matt +varnish

Mick

Can I spray it straight out of the bottle? If not, what can I thin it with? Cheers.

Can I spray it straight out of the bottle? If not, what can I thin it with? Cheers.

as I said its very thin already, thin it anymore and you might as well be using a gas for spraying haha

It seems to be the case that bottles vary. There's no way my W&N varnish (bought 2 weeks ago) could spray straight from the bottle, I use 40-50% thinners (either water or UMP thinners).

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Like 1

as I said its very thin already, thin it anymore and you might as well be using a gas for spraying haha

It seems to be the case that bottles vary. There's no way my W&N varnish (bought 2 weeks ago) could spray straight from the bottle, I use 40-50% thinners (either water or UMP thinners).

Thanks guys. You seem to differ in opinion, so I'll test it first :)

I did my indycar with the glosscote over the white painted body, which was just over a month ago & its still white.

Also, a couple of months ago I did my podracer in the mattcote & its still the same color, again so far my results have been great.