Roden T-28D Trojan Royal Thai Airforce 1/48 -PHOTO'S ADDED PG.2-

Hello guys and thanks again for the nice words!! Much appreciated!

My modelling and best friend René (HartDeco on this forum) has made some more pics but now some detail shots of the Trojan.

Hold on to your seatbelts, here they come :-);

DSC02502_zpsk1stwcuz.jpg

DSC02501_zpsgzygkybm.jpg

DSC02500_zpsxf0xwcys.jpg

DSC02499_zpsw58bb5qf.jpg

DSC02498_zps2mfrtzzq.jpg

DSC02497_zpsfaw8fvnb.jpg

DSC02496_zpshwfmnh5h.jpg

DSC02495_zpsi4oco4he.jpg

DSC02494_zpsntbs9zzu.jpg

DSC02493_zpsarxc4el0.jpg

DSC02492_zpsa6mbbcr2.jpg

DSC02491_zpsj6mdfdff.jpg

DSC02490_zpsnowighhp.jpg

Have a nice evening!

Jeroen

• Like 4

Fabulous! What else can I say.

I have the kit and it really needs rivets - would love to be able to match your quality. Hmm!

Thanks for sharing - inspirational!

ATB
Rick

Hello guys,

Nice to see so much positive feedback.

About the rivets:

@Spad; when I opened the box and looked at the fuselage and wings I heard just one thing in my mind and that was: "this baby screems to be riveted!". I had never done this before but luckily it turmed out exactly how I wanted it to turn out. But if there is anything you want to know about how I did it, please ask. No secrets here!

@Templar; you are absolutely right. The whole riveting process took me about a full week of work and this was concluded with one entire weekend sanding and pricking every whole three times in total! So riveting with Rosie, sanding, pricking. Not satisfied, sanding, pricking. Not entirely satisfied yet, sanding, pricking. Finally done!

Thanks again and have a great week!

Reg. Jeroen

Edited by Robotics

Hey again lads!

To answer the questions about how this kit was to build I can only say that I really, really enjoyed every moment of it. Suprisingly good fitment on a lot of parts, which did not expect from this kit.

I placed the rear bulkhead of the motor compartment back because this plate was exactly halfway the openings on top of the nose. I wanted to open these hatches so this was a no go. Also some extra attention is needed with the cowling. If you build it I can advise to glue it so that the top and side parts are aligned and then sand, cut or scrape the intake bottom section till it fits. Other that that I did not encounter too much trouble.

Biggest advise I can give with this one is to take your time. This will really improve the result of this kit dramatically. The Aires pit is a great fit for this kit and it leaves you with a lot of working space after it is installed.

Oh, one last thing; be sure to drop in A LOT of lead!

I hope this answer your questions, if not, please ask!

Have a nice day,

Jeroen

• Like 1

Hey there.

@Strangeways; I always use Alclad matt coat, not the flat. The latter always gives me the furry finish and I hate it when that happens.

Matt is much more foolproof and that's exactly what I need. ;-).

Reg. Jeroen

• Like 1

Very nice indeed, all that riviting adds a lot. I think the nose wheel may be a tad under-scale though.

I think that might have something to do with the fact that I forgot to inflate the tire to the correct tirepressure before I glued it on 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Reg. Jeroen