Invasion stripes!

I'm not much of a WIP-er, but I've just got the masking-tape off my first attempt at these, and nobody else at home cares.... :weep:

Italeri Typhoon, 1/48:

IMG_0389_zpsepigc0x3.jpg

Bit wobbly on the starboard fuselage, might tidy that up in the morning... But, generally, chuffed! :banghead:

The masking-tape in question:

IMG_0390_zpsv2vlegnd.jpg

And the companions waiting for their centrepiece to be finished (she is, obviously, also waiting for him to shut up about that 109 she's heard about 20 times before....)

IMG_0385_zpsl8z7v4qp.jpg

• Like 13

I'm not much of a WIP-er, but I've just got the masking-tape off my first attempt at these, and nobody else at home cares.... :weep:

Well, We care..........cos its worth it.

Lines look fine. Decals to go over them? You'll not notice much when they be on.

• Like 1

Well done, I'll be very please with that result and I can't really notice the wobbly. I had my own moment last week when I managed to mask a canopy using tape and scalpel without making a mistake. If it continues to work for me I might never have to buy Eduard masks again.

• Like 1

Good stuff Dave.

I've just sprayed my set of these for ages on my Spitfire in the French Fancy Group build. How many coats of white did take to get a decent coverage over the camo colours, or did you spray the white first?

By the way, I lead a similar modelling existence where nobody at home is interested. Good job we have this fine forum!

James

Awww, you guys!

I did the white as very pale grey to get coverage, and a final light coat of pure white to bring it up a bit. The black is actually 'deep cockpit grey' from Lifecolor.

This morning I've masked off the 'swerve' and stippled it in lightly with a dry-ish brush - looks both straight and 'hand-finished' now!

Dave, nobody cares at home, period!

Just to upset the apple cart, I think your stripes are possibly a little too neat! But definitely no wobble to be seen!!!

The whole model looks superb!

JR

We care!

Those stripes look ace. You've done a brilliant job of masking and painting.

Must be hard to keep them straight and evenly spaced, especially round the compound curves on the fuselage.

Britmodeller family always here. We understand if nobody else does.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Dave, this is a perfectly smashing model!!!! One you should be proud of!

Top congrats!

JR