1/48 Eurofighter Austrian Airforce

Austria had and still has one of the smallest military budgets in the western world. When it came to look for a replacement for the aging Draken fleet, among F-16, F/A-18, Gripen, MiG-29, due to different reasons the most expensive, the Eurofighter, was chosen. At first 24 were planned but due to the high costs the number was first reduced to 18 and at last the Austrian Airforce received 15 aircraft, all from Tranche I, 9 new and 6 used from the German Airforce.
Like the German aircrafts, our planes had many technical and electronic problems in the beginning (not capable of bad and cold weather flying, etc...)but it seems that the problems have been overcome. But I guess you have problems with every new aircraft.

Revell Germany kit, Gunze and Tamiya paints

Austrian Airforce in action (btw our Hercules are former RAF birds)

DSC_0079_zpsmhofy3zj.jpg

DSC_0080_zps5v0jmiam.jpg

DSC_0081_zpssbs7cjfh.jpg

DSC_0082_zps2u48icvv.jpg

DSC_0083_zpstk93v3qg.jpg

DSC_0084_zpscpitoml6.jpg

DSC_0085_zpso61yicu2.jpg

DSC_0086_zpsrwqlcytf.jpg

DSC_0087_zps1dyyncdi.jpg

DSC_0088_zpsc0oimyve.jpg

DSC_0089_zpst9awmcfj.jpg

DSC_0090_zpsk95soomq.jpg

DSC_0091_zpsgp59hn9s.jpg

• Like 22

Planning one of these and I was going to make it Austrian after seeing the display in that video. The guys at Leuchars in 2013 were superb. Another of the flying displays cancelled and one of the Austrian guys apparently volunteered to fill the slot as he'd flown the display for the Austrian Air Force the year before. It was superb, embarrassingly better than the RAF display.

Mines won't look nearly as good as that but I can dream.

• Like 1

Sigh watching that video and looking at your superbly finished build makes me miss Leuchars being active.

Great looking typhoon you have there. Any issues with the kit at all? Your finished article really does look great.

Sigh watching that video and looking at your superbly finished build makes me miss Leuchars being active.

Great looking typhoon you have there. Any issues with the kit at all? Your finished article really does look great.

thanks!

one of Revell´s better kits, as far as I remember no real problems. the only issue are the air intakes. if you want them smooth there are some seams to fill