Anyone built the Kinetic Fouga Magister yet?

Reini78

Hi Reini78,

I have built two of them so far and used 15g of nose weight distributed under the cockpit floor and in the nose bay using Liquid Gravity fine "lead" shot mixed into a paste with white glue..

But it meant the loss of the beautifully detailed nose interior.

Hope that this helps.

I think I would build up the outer edges of the part with thick plastic strip and gently sand back until a snug fit was achieved. I am surprised that no one has mentioned this problem before.

Martin

Isn't that going to impact the canopy fit somewhere down the line? Could the rear bulkhead be too far forward, or something? :hmmm:

I got around it by attaching it to the rear canopy section

that´s the way to do it.....a fellow modeller helped and said the kit instructions are crap and how this building step is supposed to work

already realized that parts are numbered wrongly in the plan etc....

so, here now for all.............the part has to be glued into the rear canopy and then both together onto the fuselage

@Mike

is it released yet? do you know someone who has already built the AMK kit? thinking of buying that too

found a solution on Modellboard.de, using modelling clay to fill the fuselage and sit the part on top

my dad just tried it out on the model and it seems to work

http://www.modellboard.net/index.php?topic=52111.15

Nice link, any idea about those RAL Acrylic paints in shot? and where I can get them from?

@Mike

is it released yet? do you know someone who has already built the AMK kit? thinking of buying that too

We reviewed it here a few months ago Link. not sure whether it's out in Germany yet, and I don't get out to model shops much, but IIRC it should be out by now. Hannants don't have it, but the likes of Lucky Model have one left in stock here. :)

Thanks for the heads up on the problem and the solutions, it's always good to be forewarned about these things, it can save endless aggravation.

Martin

• Like 1