Meteor cockpit and u/c colors

JPuente54

I have the Dragon Model/Cyber Hobby Meteor F. 3; my first impression is that it looks to be an excellent kit. However, instructions do not include the interior colors, just the exterior schemes. So, my question would be what color was the cockpit? A friend of mine in the UK states that it was black, not Aircraft Grey/Green. It has been my understanding that it should be the latter; but, I am well aware that AFs and Navies will issue new standards. Now, my friend is an expert on Post-War and Modern RAF and FAA aircraft. Was black used from the first built Meteors; or, were they re-painted when they would go in for overhaul, major repair, etc.? Also, what color(s) was/were used for the undercarriage, and their bays, and door interiors? He recommended zinc chromate yellow for the bays and doors; and alum. for the u/c(not sure if they were painted alum. or just nat. metal). And, as a more general question, what colors were used for other RAF and FAA WW2 aircraft u/c, u/c bays, and u/c door int.? The only ones that I know for certain are the RAF heavies(black for the u/c, bays, door int., and the bomb bay). Thanks in advance!

Edited by JPuente54

U/C bays,legs,doors and the interior of the engine intakes were indeed painted silver/aluminium.

This prevailed right through the production runs for the various Meteors,the only ones different

tended to be the drone conversions(U.15/16/21).

They tended to be the red of the lower surfaces and in some cases,u/c legs and wheel hubs too.

As for the cockpits,certainly black from the F.8 onwards,but I can't remember for the I, III and IV.

Possibly green,possibly black.

Edited by Miggers

Cockpit black, seat (possibly) "Spitfire" red plastic or over-painted black; wheel wells, door interiors and oleo legs silver (the RAF did not have a yellow zinc chromate in its stores inventory.)

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments, guys; it is appreciated. I shall be certain to note the colours on the instruction sheet. Nice thing about the painted u/c, u/c bays, and u/c door interiors: Not having to fret about a NMF for these parts!