Ruskin Air DC-3 in 1/144

From a year or two ago, but not posted here....

The beloved "Vera Lynn," an ex-C-47A gone civil in Roy Marsden's series "Airline." It's the old Minicraft 1/144 kit, with a few corrections, and decals made up on the PC, and printed on my trusty inkjet. I was only able to see a few episodes online, but I fell in love with the series, and knew right away I'd have to give "Vera" a go (so to speak).

Hope you enjoy.

0101GEDC6982RC01_zps0d001a69.jpg

0102GEDC6961RC_zps55a0f708.jpg

0104GEDC6983RC_zps06a93a40.jpg

0105GEDC6960RC_zps88dd0281.jpg

0106GEDC6978RC_zps36d8bf32.jpg

• Like 20

Very nicely done and it looks a lot bigger than 1/144.

I'm old enough to remember the TV series being shown as a kid and seeing the Daks at airshows. I got the DVD with all the episodes on from here only £7.20

Pity the next series wasn't made as it was going to use a Constellation as well as the Daks. The Connie came over to the UK and is now in the Science Museum store at Wroughton, sadly out of public view most of the time.

Steve

• Like 1

I too remember watching the original series! Thanks to Steve's post above, I think I might be watching it again soon!

Lovely little model, the decals look excellent. Thanks for posting and reviving some memories.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not a modern plane guy at all, and I never check out the air section of this site, but I got say this is a class job and a great looking aircraft. Nice colors, nice lines, nice job.

• Like 1

I remember the series, showing my age.

Lovely build.

There was another series the year before, featured a Bristol Brittania, but only ever had ground shots and the same takeoff sequence every week, probably due to fuel costs.

• Like 1

There was another series the year before, featured a Bristol Brittania, but only ever had ground shots and the same takeoff sequence every week, probably due to fuel costs.

"Buccaneer" - Wiki

Steve

• Like 2

It is actualy "over accurate" your build is completely accurate for the time period.

The series used planes with the tail mounted beacon with the glass dome removed but the base still in place to look period.

• Like 1