F-104 Starfighter STGB Chat

wellzy

• 1 month later...

Well, not that this STGB is over I looked at the gallery and realised that there have been a lot of great models. I may be biased but I believe this was a very good group build. The talented Britmodeller collective has once again put togther a great display of Starfighters !

Some merit goes to the F-104 itself, this is really a type that looks good and has worn so many interesting schemes and markings over the years.. it was also great to see some less common schemes and users, be them of smaller air forces operating the type or those used by test and experimental aircrafts.

Personally I enjoyed this STGB a lot, I finally managed to complete a model and watched some good ones built. I'd have liked to be able to follow more all the builds but at some point I got stuck in other things and only realised what great models were being built when they were completed.

I wish to thank the host of the GB for all the support and for making this possible !!!

• Like 5

Greetings from PyeongChang and the Winter Olympics! Thanks to the hosts as ever and the expertise available. Enjoyed the build, bought back memories of the Starfighter visiting at Lakenheath and the Mildenhall shows.

• 1 month later...

hi everyone, poor old wellzy hasn't been able to follow the GB as he had hoped and I had to bail from Co-Host duties before the event.

But there will be a poll, I'll set it up tomorrow morning my time and it'll run for a week. I've been looking at all the builds that made it into the gallery. gosh I'm glad I don't have to pick a winner! There are some of the best builds I've ever seen in a GB or STGB, truly stunning guy's!!!   :worthy:   You should all be vey proud of what you have built! :thumbsup:

So just give me a chance to get it together, it shouldn't be too hard!  :whistle:  :D

• Like 1

ok folks after much effort (I forgot how to set up the poll!!) the poll is up and running.

You have until midnight on the 11th to get your votes in before it automatically closes, so get in quick!!

7 hours ago, trickyrich said:

ok folks after much effort (I forgot how to set up the poll!!) the poll is up and running.

You have until midnight on the 11th to get your votes in before it automatically closes, so get in quick!!

any way how to promote this vote ? hard to believe a lot of BMers passing by here.... I just did by chance!

• 2 weeks later...

well the poll closed and unfortunately the response was rather limited, which is very unfortunate as there were some really lovely models in the build.

There were two builds tied in first spot, well done Mike and Craig, I wouldn't have been able to pick from either of them, well done guys. :thumbsup:

and that unfortunately is the final bit.......thanks to everyone that joined in whether you finished or not. :clap:  If you're still going the threads will remain only so please update when you can.