Trumpeter Sea Fury & Seahawk.

dwh

If you can track down a Cooper details ( now Barracuda) cockpit and wheel well they are well worth it. Aeroclub do/did(?) some white metal gear legs. Barracuda do still stock replacement wheels which are also nice with good tread.

The PP Sea Fury set is on ebay UK now. I think it's based on the Cooper Details set - or is it the other way around? Anyway, in case you're interested (no, it's not my listing!)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252010071244?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The PP Sea Fury set the one now sold by Flightpath.

More and more I noticed folks seem to not check linked threads, I posted this on page one, but this page has a set of photos of what's in the PP/Flighpath set

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/69728-hawker-sea-fury/page-3

most of what is there is great, though not everyone will want all the options, but the wheels are poor and there is no wheel well detailing.

Sadly there is no easy one stop detail up solutions available for the HC kit.

The wing fold bears little resemblance to the real thing.

Lots of boxes and gubbins in there on the kit that I've never seen in 30 years round the oil leaking big sods

Well, didn't you ever stop to wonder why all that oil was leaking? Maybe it was because all the boxes and gubbins had been removed :winkgrin:

Trumpeter Seahawk is good, actually very good imho.

For the Sea Fury, Hobbycraft plus Flightpath set.

The PP Sea Fury set is on ebay UK now

Well, it was... :(

Well, didn't you ever stop to wonder why all that oil was leaking? Maybe it was because all the boxes and gubbins had been removed :winkgrin:

Nah, its got something to do with that great lump under the cowling!

Give me a Firefly any day.

A few years ago our club ( IPMS Avon) were lucky enough to get a private tour around the Bristol Aircraft engine collection. There was no surprise a Centaurus on display, but also a cut away version showing the internals and I remember being awed at the complexity and sheer volume of parts ( not to mention the massive size) of that engine. I suspect they are not, but the jet engines on display alongside looked very simple in comparison.

As for the original question, I have built the CA and the Trumpeter Sea Hawk, and in my opinion the Trumpeter one is the nicer build, decent fit without the dreaded riveter and a much, much easier build than the CA kit ( where the rear fuselage is a completely different cross section to the front. For Sea Furies, I have build the Hobbycraft kit as an Iraqi version using the Cooper Details cockpit and wheel well sets from Roy Sutherland ( please Roy can we see these again?). Shame someone hasn't produced a new replacement wing for the HC kit as the fuselage panel lines are OK, its the wing ones that seem wider and much more " V" shaped.I did buy the Trumpeter kit but sold it again as I was so disappointed with the fuselage shape, cockpit and the profusion of rivets. I hope that Airfix might come to the rescue in my lifetime with a Sea Fury and a Tempest in 1/48th.