1/48 - Grumman F-14A/B & D Tomcat by AvantGarde Model Kits (AMK) - F-14D released

Homebee

Strange post from AMK.

No need to have a dig at other people/companies just let the product speak for itself when it arrives.

Robert

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Robert said:

Strange post from AMK.

No need to have a dig at other people/companies just let the product speak for itself when it arrives.

Robert

Yes I agree with you there.

Julien

4 hours ago, Robert said:

Strange post from AMK.

Robert

No, the post was not strange. It was just taken out of context!

A couple of AMK group members have complained for no updates, clearly implying that the company has seized to exist.

This replied to exactly those.

49 minutes ago, DIO said:

No, the post was not strange. It was just taken out of context!

A couple of AMK group members have complained for no updates, clearly implying that the company has seized to exist.

This replied to exactly those.

I think they were referring to the dig AMK took at companies which are producing egg/cute/super deformed models like Meng, Hasegawa and Fujimi. This is quite ironic considering that AMK were contemplating releasing a cute Fouga Magister some time back. 

Remember this anyone?

11666195_489067747924724_281146366179851

11666312_489067817924717_771651079957627

Mark

3 hours ago, DIO said:

I cannot recall AMK taking the dig at anyone, especially for egg-planes.

Maybe I am getting old? lol lol lol

084.png

Still alive and kicking contrary to what some may have you believe. 
Life is busy. Kfir is coming and a Tomcat is purring in the wings. Such noisy things they are. Toms carrying a couple of Phoenix's in grey under his arms. Pointed at?
So, nearly Easter. I can honestly say that we won't be doing any "eggs" or"cute" things. Just models we would want to build ourselves with as much accuracy and detail as feasibly possible all with a proper real and down to earth price tag. 
How much for that 1:48 kit?????? Nope! Not from us. 
Tomcat retail should be about our MiG-31. 
Beat that if you dare. 
So eggs? Heck no! Sorry if that offends but we think a well researched and tooled kit is worth it's weight in platinum. Easter eggs made of chocolate? Gimme gimme.
The Phoenix's are pointed at plastic eggs
 1f60e.png

See sections of AMK's post in bold.

Mark

I don't see that as a dig at other companies TBH, just an opinion about egg planes which may explain why they never went ahead with the cute Magister. Just tells me they experimented with an idea but realised it wasn't for them. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 9:25 AM, DIO said:

Every time someone posts here (without anything to say) my heart beats fast, I am within the dangerous zone of 45 to 55 for a heart attack!

Here, you might be familiar with this great tune then? :worthy:

• Like 2

So they're still working on design, which means they still have to tool it, which means we're probably looking at 4 - 6 months minimum until it's released.

Just, FWIW, and to preclude all the "when's it coming out?!?" posts.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Here, you might be familiar with this great tune then? :worthy:

I wish he had stayed a little more with us :worthy:

Edited by DIO

7 hours ago, ICMF said:

So they're still working on design, which means they still have to tool it, which means we're probably looking at 4 - 6 months minimum until it's released.

I'd add about 6 months minimum: 1/72 Kfir test-shot pics where posted on October 2016 and it isn't out.

Well there's an enormous amount of 'it depends' about it all, but *if* the design work is basically done and they're just finalizing the ordnance and *if* the factory isn't working on external projects and *if* the F-14 is a high priority and *if* the tooling process goes smoothly...  I'd say 6 months is a plausible, non-cynical estimate.  That would put it just in time for Christmas, which would be really, really helpful for AMK.

You're right in that it's way more likely to hit further delays than to come out ahead of schedule; and there's a decent chance it will slide into 2018.  My main point was just, for the people who are going full-blown Veruca Salt over the kit, you've got at least another 4 - 6 months to wait.

• Like 1

Yep, it'll get here when it gets here.  It's not like I don't have a closet full of other stuff to occupy my time in the meanwhile.  :lol:

10 hours ago, DIO said:

I wish he had stayed a little more with us :worthy:

Indeed! Still with us if you listen to his awesome music.  

35 minutes ago, ICMF said:

My main point was just, for the people who are going full-blown Veruca Salt over the kit, you've got at least another 4 - 6 months to wait.

:idea: Okay, there you are...

About this type of genre, I'm more like L7s, The Distillers or even Courtney Love's first albums with Hole. Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes" is a passable tune as well. 

12 minutes ago, salomon said:

I don't care how long I'll wait for but I will buy it for sure.

Agreed. Would rather AMK took their time to get the best possible kit!

• Like 1

My thoughts exactly.

"He that can have patience can have what he will."
(Benjamin Franklin)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, t15dja said:

My thoughts exactly.

"He that can have patience can have what he will."
(Benjamin Franklin)

That depends on how much time you have. With the Tomcat out maybe for Christmas we won't see a Foxbat till jingle bells 2019. Thank goodness for ICM and the Revell repop with revised nose parts.

Tempted by the AMK Tomcat D. Looks like it will be a hit. 

Tony

18 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

Love that album!

Yeh, it puzzled me at first, while me Sheila was listening to that tune, because she uses to listening to those mellowy boy-to-girl (and viceversa) bands, and I'm metal. This is not metal but certainly much more listenable to me than it is, say, Sarah McLachlan or Belinda Carlisle... :sick: 

Incidentally; what with the AMK 1/48 F-14D kit? Is it ever coming out? :lol:

Latest from AMK on their facebook page;

**STOP PRESS**

Sio from AMK here and I have an exciting proposition for you.

First of all, the 1/72 Kfir will be shipped in June to all distributors who have ordered from us. We are sincerely sorry for this unavoidable delay.

Second, as you guys know, the 1/72 Kfir moulds were completed a long time ago. The delay was due to the fact that our factory is very busy making some minor changes to make the kit as good as it could be. Therefore, we cannot release it until June.

We don't want to repeat this glitch for our Tomcat. It is too important. So now, we are accepting preorders. If we can achieve a goal of 5000 pcs, we will run the production at full speed ahead. This means that we will release it by 1st December 2017 so that you can all have this kit under the Christmas tree.

Please contact your local distributor for their reduced and incentivised price for this preorder.

Please note, if we cannot achieve this 5000 goal, we will still produce it but it will not be this year.