1/48 - Grumman F-14A/B & D Tomcat by AvantGarde Model Kits (AMK) - F-14D released

Homebee

According to the folks on the Amk Ridicule Committee, they have dug the hole deeper and failed to correct some issues, but this update does indeed indicate that the folks at AMK are working hard to make this project happen and come up with a good product.  I am quietly (well I guess publicly now) rooting for them to pull it off with a firm landing in the midst of all the palace intrigue!  Godspeed AMK! 

Edited by wadeocu
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Homebee said:

Fresh words & pics from the AMK boss. 👍

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1001193059922345/permalink/2568753176499651/

If you want to see more pics or to have more fresh news, join the Facebook Official AMK (Avantgarde) Fan Club (closed group):

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1001193059922345/

V.

I do find this pretty frustrating TBH. To find out more, I have to join their 'fan' club and to do that I have to join FB? After everything that has been revealed about FB over the last 12 months? One decent kit for me (Mig-31) makes me someone that is 'interested' in their work and wanting to see more, but it is not yet enough to make me an 'avid fan'. And of all the things that might stop me from even considering becoming one it's trying to force me to rejoin FB. 

Edited by Nocoolname
  • Like 2

Ah, it's getting more and more difficult every time to keep on rooting for you, blokes @AMK. This made worse still by this silly AMK (Ridicule) Committee? :mental: 

Not only you're digging your own grave by doing this, but also, it clearly shows how immature you are as a company.

And it was just a freak circumstance that I hadn't pre-ordered.

Cheers 'em,

Unc2

PS: :analintruder: Monsieur Stern! How are you doing, my mate?

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 5:26 AM, baldwin8 said:

Put something on FB and ask not to share????????

Their modus operandi for marketing leaves room for improvement... still.

At lest we can ascertain that the project isn't dead, or going to another manufacturer.

On 08/02/2019 at 13:01, boom175 said:

Didn't Mr.Sio ask that we not share these? Only for members of the AMK Fan club on FB. I f he gave you permission lease accept my apologies but I think we should respect his wishes.

He did ask that and that is why I have removed them from this thread.  Please dont post them again on Britmodeller.

Thanks

Julien

• Thanks 1

An Open post to AMK.

AMK  you need to get some professional advice on how to run your social media and marketing in a western / global context. 

Whoever is giving you your current advice I is giving you bad advice or does not understand effective marketing and brand strategy. I make that comment in a professional context.  The issue you have is not just about the current F-14 project. You need to think beyond this current project and in the wider context of what you want your brand to represent and the values it has and how it is perceived in future in the market.

Right now the way you are communicating with the wider market is from a marketing perspective just damaging your brand. 

If  I could give you some professional advice. 

1. Communicate the latest update to the whole market. 

2. Share updates to the whole market on a regular basis even if they are minor between now and the final release of the kit. 

3. Comment on quality feedback from the market. Even if it’s just to say thanks for the feedback. You do not have to act on feedback given. But you should acknowledge it. 

Do the above via Facebook on an open page. You will have the ability to filter and edit out extremely adverse commentary. 

Regards...

Plasto. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2019 at 10:26 PM, pinky coffeeboat said:

...but don't limit yourself to fakebook. There are other forms of social media.

Facebook has the most amount of users so it makes perfect sense to stick to that.. :) 

Whilst I can understand the frustrations of the delay of this kit (I’ve preordered 2 so have a dog in this fight), I shake my head at some of the arrogance posted here. Sure, it’s a lesson in how not to announce and release a kit, but suggesting that any sort of norm must be followed as far as marketing, social media, updates is a bit cringe worthy. I’m only going to get worried if the kit doesn’t materialise, otherwise I have no entitlement to moralise/advise/pontificate.

That is all.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sundowner14 said:

(I’ve preordered 2 so have a dog in this fight), I shake my head at some of the arrogance posted here. Sure, it’s a lesson in how not to announce and release a kit, but suggesting that any sort of norm must be followed as far as marketing, social media, updates is a bit cringe worthy. I’m only going to get worried if the kit doesn’t materialise, otherwise I have no entitlement to moralise/advise/pontificate.

I feel you, but, had I preordered, I think I'd have signed up on Facebook by now. It seems the only way you can get news/feedback regarding the progress on this kit.

Or, you could go check the 140+ pages of sheer and utter gibberish that was going on at ARC, last time I checked... :giggle: It's real hilarious, to say the least.

Cheers,

Unc2  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:13 PM, Uncle Uncool said:

I feel you, but, had I preordered, I think I'd have signed up on Facebook by now. It seems the only way you can get news/feedback regarding the progress on this kit.

Or, you could go check the 140+ pages of sheer and utter gibberish that was going on at ARC, last time I checked... :giggle: It's real hilarious, to say the least.

Cheers,

Unc2  

That's the only reason I ever bother with ARC  nowadays. Seems their default position is to rubbish anything and everything. It's always good for a laugh.

Allan

• Like 1

AMK have updated their Facebook feed with some great photos of the main fuselage and wing construction, looking very, very nice. I’ll let Homebee add the links in his professional manner!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Laurent said:

Linking to material of a closed group would be pretty useless.

Thanks for your helpful input, I'll go and give myself 20 lashes for suggesting it.🙄

5 minutes ago, Muzz said:

Thanks for your helpful input, I'll go and give myself 20 lashes for suggesting it.🙄

Communication is a double edged sword. Recipient may not react as expected by the poster. I guess AMK restricted access to the FB group to control communication.

11 minutes ago, Laurent said:

Linking to material of a closed group would be pretty useless.

9 minutes ago, Muzz said:

If Homebee posted the link, to the AMK FB Group, all you need do is to request to join the group. :)

They just need to fix the angle of the refueling probe door, since that's a big issue. The slime lights are an easy fix with a sanding stick. 

Considering AMK offers dirty wings and the Tamiya F-14D kit doesn't means AMK has the potential of outselling the Tamiya kit in the markets AMK is selling their kit in. Yes, Great Wall is doing an F-14 family with the option of dirty wings, but those will run about $100.  The Tamiya F-14D can be had here in the States on eBay for $85. I pre-ordered an AMK F-14D for $65. :dog:This means I have extra money for aftermarket exhaust nozzles!:cake:

1 hour ago, Masinissa said:

AMK has the potential of outselling the Tamiya kit in the markets AMK is selling their kit in.

It depends on AMK's distribution network. Producing 5000 kits is one thing but the really important thing is that those 5000 boxes end up at the customer's workbench/stash. If the kit is difficult to obtain, incomes will be slow to come and this may delay future projects.