1/48 - Grumman F-14A/B & D Tomcat by AvantGarde Model Kits (AMK) - F-14D released

Homebee

Take a close look at the photo that shows the Fins, the trailing edge looks short shot to me. Hopefully this will be sorted out before the full production run (and is the reason why Companies run test shots). On the whole it does look really nice though and will hopefully come in at a competitive price.

Duncan B

4 hours ago, Duncan B said:

Take a close look at the photo that shows the Fins, the trailing edge looks short shot to me. Hopefully this will be sorted out before the full production run (and is the reason why Companies run test shots). On the whole it does look really nice though and will hopefully come in at a competitive price.

Duncan B

Yes
You are correct, it sure looks like it's short shot.

6 hours ago, Duncan B said:

Duncan B

That was asked in a FB post. Martin stated that it was low quality plastic for test shots.

• Like 2

On 8/20/2018 at 12:36 PM, boom175 said:

That was asked in a FB post. Martin stated that it was low quality plastic for test shots.

That's good to know, I was hoping it was just a test shot issue as alluded to in my original post.

Duncan B

Depending if you're a Northern hemisphere meteorologist or an astronomer ... 😉

When does summer end and autumn start in 2018?

There are two different dates that mark the end of summer and the beginning of autumn.

These depend if you are referring to astronomical autumn or the meteorological autumn.

For meteorologists, summer comes to an end on August 31 and autumn begins on September 1, running until Thursday, November 30.

But astronomers say summer ends on September 22 in the northern hemisphere and autumn begins on Friday, September 23.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4144147/autumn-start-summer-end-2018-equinox/

V.P.

14 minutes ago, Homebee said:

Depending if you're a Northern hemisphere meteorologist or an astronomer ... 😉

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4144147/autumn-start-summer-end-2018-equinox/

V.P.

According to the ancient rules, model kit development is subject to Northern Hemisphere and Meteorological Law, so, just 2 days to go! :hourglass:;)

4 minutes ago, Nocoolname said:

Nope. Autumn begins on 1st September. Trust me.

No. This is just what the weather people are now spouting these days. It is the same with all the seasons. Go back a few years and they only talked about the equinoxes and solstices.

13 minutes ago, Jabba said:

No. This is just what the weather people are now spouting these days. It is the same with all the seasons. Go back a few years and they only talked about the equinoxes and solstices.

I want me Tomcat. So I'm going with the weather people on this one. 

Anyway I can wait for a couple week now, as I have a lot to do this time, the two SU-35 (KittyHawk's and the GWH's), the SU-34 (KH's) ,the Mig 35 (AMK's) and the F-15J (GWH). I'm so happy that today we can have so detailing and well fit models in the market.

This F-14 should be an amazing model, so please don't complain, you will be happy while your Tomcat comes.

1 hour ago, salomon said:

Anyway I can wait for a couple week now, as I have a lot to do this time, the two SU-35 (KittyHawk's and the GWH's), the SU-34 (KH's) ,the Mig 35 (AMK's) and the F-15J (GWH). I'm so happy that today we can have so detailing and well fit models in the market.

This F-14 should be an amazing model, so please don't complain, you will be happy while your Tomcat comes.

Well said Solarman, sorry Saloman :)