1/48 - Grumman F-14A/B & D Tomcat by AvantGarde Model Kits (AMK) - F-14D released

Homebee

They never said which summer 2018.  Everyone assumed they meant the northern hemisphere, Living in Australia  I assumed it was the southern hemisphere, so there is still a couple of months to go :D 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

"Are we there yet?"

Well are we? :lol: We've not heard from Martin for ages now.  Maybe I should email Sio to see how the land lies? :hmmm:

That said, it's entirely possible that the delays have been due to private contract work, as happened fairly recently with another company we know.  Models cost money to tool, so if a quick and lucrative contract comes up for something else, a company would be daft to pass it up.  I'm not saying this is what happened before someone decides I have insider knowledge and goes mad with the rumour mill, but these sorts of things happen in the real world, so we shouldn't just think they're sitting on their butts doing nothing, or tweaking one tiny part 500 times because they're not satisfied with it. :)

• Like 1

On 8/4/2018 at 1:20 PM, Mike said:

Well are we? :lol: We've not heard from Martin for ages now.  Maybe I should email Sio to see how the land lies? :hmmm:

That said, it's entirely possible that the delays have been due to private contract work, as happened fairly recently with another company we know.  Models cost money to tool, so if a quick and lucrative contract comes up for something else, a company would be daft to pass it up.  I'm not saying this is what happened before someone decides I have insider knowledge and goes mad with the rumour mill, but these sorts of things happen in the real world, so we shouldn't just think they're sitting on their butts doing nothing, or tweaking one tiny part 500 times because they're not satisfied with it. :)

Well Mike maybe you should (mail Sio). If you like I could do that for you. Do you have is address?

Thanks,

Marc.

Just now, MarcV said:

Well Mike maybe you should (mail Sio). If you like I could do that for you. Do you have is address?

Thanks,

Marc.

Oop, that's his not is.

4 hours ago, MarcV said:

If you like I could do that for you.

Already done on the basis of strike while the iron's hot, or I'll erm... what was I saying? :hmmm:

They have weekends in the Far East too, I believe so I doubt he'll reply until a week day, but I know some Far Eastern companies are (or have been) at the US Nationals, so he may not even be home. :)

Ok folks, not much to report, but it's a good not much :) The AMK crew are still working hard on their F-14 to get it just right, so keep the catcher's mitt handy if you've pre-ordered.  I for one can't wait, as I need a good excuse to build an F-14 ^_^

I am here. Mike sent us an email earlier.

In hospital again but this will not affect the kit as I am in the UK anyway.

The Tomcat is coming. Decals are fnished and we are almost ready. For those that are worried about hemispheres and whatnot, summer means summer in the northern hemisphere so don't worry. We are all excited to release the kit.

Sincere Hobby will be getting the Tomcats and the weapons sets, don't worry at all.

Hannants is the UK distributor for AMK and has been for a number of years. They did not preorder though but this is not an issue.

The thing with indigogo is that it is escrow type deal so we don't get the cash until the kit is released. Once the kit is sent out then we apply to have the cash released to us.

Don't gorget that we are all very OCD about the kits we produce so we are making sure it is right. Yes, we do have access to experts so we hope this will be the definitive kit of the type.

Our experts are located in various places but art museums (we do not rely on museum pieces as they often change).

Please bear with us whilst we get the kit we and you want. :)

• Like 5

Hello Martin.

Does this all  mean that AMK will have to prove to INDIGOGO that AMK sent me (my) kit before they send you MY money ?

Does that mean that AMK still haven't seen the colour of the money that INDIGOGO raised ?

I really do not understand.

Wishing you the best .

Madcop 🙂

• Thanks 1

Thank you Martin for the update and excellent news that we won't have to wait too long now. I've  had my pre-order in with Hannants since early days!

Only question for me then is how many shall I have!

Hope you are feeling better.

Edited by t15dja
Typo
  • Thanks 1

I assume that means that Hannants were not part of the "official" AMK pre-order scheme, but Hannants have been listing the kit as available to pre-order through their own website for over a year. 

• Like 1

Good news!

I am all up for another Tomcat! The only thing that worries me is the distribution of the kit. In Germany it took 5 months to get the "new" Kfir in 1/48 and there is only one dealer who has them! Martin, has AMK thought about direct marketing ala Wing Nut Wings?

thanks

Uwe

Edited by anj4de

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 6:20 PM, MarcV said:

Thanks Mike,

I'll wager it's on the shelves within 6 weeks (I'll probably regret that).

21 minutes ago, MarcV said:

Thanks Mike,

I'll wager it's on the shelves within 6 weeks (I'll probably regret that).

De Ja Vu? :confused:

On 8/7/2018 at 7:14 PM, chrisov said:

Hi Martin

Hope you are soon feeling better and will be allowed out so you can build one yourself.

I have one preordered through Hannants so assume will not get the extras?

Take care

Cheers

Chris

Hiya,

Thank you. Had my kidney operation yesterday so better today. Still tired.

Hannants won't be getting the extra weapons sets but they will be getting them in their order. Depends on what they do with them. I will guess that they will sell them. The price for them is due to be pretty low so these can be purcahsed for extra. If you want them of course.

21 hours ago, anj4de said:

Good news!

I am all up for another Tomcat! The only thing that worries me is the distribution of the kit. In Germany it took 5 months to get the "new" Kfir in 1/48 and there is only one dealer who has them! Martin, has AMK thought about direct marketing ala Wing Nut Wings?

thanks

Uwe

Hi,

Yes in fact we have. Not going to do it though as our distributors are very good now and when we have finished the Tomcat will be sure to announce some new ones we are talking to now.

5 hours ago, salomon said:

Thanks for the news Martin, take care and I hope the release is really really close. The best 1/48 Tomcat ever.

Thank you kindly.

1 hour ago, MarcV said:

Take it easy get well soon, its only a kit, your health is far more important.

Thanks Marc.

My arm is sore from all the cannulas etc but at least we're alive haha.

• Like 3

On 8/7/2018 at 5:30 PM, madcop said:

Hello Martin.

Does this all  mean that AMK will have to prove to INDIGOGO that AMK sent me (my) kit before they send you MY money ?

Does that mean that AMK still haven't seen the colour of the money that INDIGOGO raised ?

I really do not understand.

Wishing you the best .

Madcop 🙂

Hi. Yes I am afraid so. We need to send the kits out and prove the fact before we can claim the preorder monies. This is why we have all invested heavily in the kit - blood tears sweat and emotion not to mention the financial aspect of it. I think Sio will be ok with me telling you had to buy another injection machine. This has been in for a couple of weeks now and they are all working 24 hours a day.

I'll see if Sio will post a couple of pics of the machines. I know he gets a kick out of that. So do the people in the factory - yes we have women too :)

• Like 7

Posts on Facebook, on a thread for Fightertown decals new Tomcat sheet indicate the kit is due for release on 31 August 2018! 

• Like 3