1/48 - Grumman F-14A/B & D Tomcat by AvantGarde Model Kits (AMK) - F-14D released

Homebee

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, hairystick said:

The kit is reported as being "in-production" now that all the final testing has been completed.

With the amount of display options (flaps, slats, spoilers, nosegear, weapons) it will be challenging to decide how to display this beast!

More offerings to the Gods required then. This could make or break AMK I hope it's a triumph personally.

Obviously we must each buy several to display the variations :D

• Like 3

23 hours ago, SleeperService said:

This could make or break AMK I hope it's a triumph personally. Obviously we must each buy several to display the variations :D

Looking at the level of detail in it (loving the look of the open spoilers and the detail hidden in those areas) it should do well... IF the distribution network is better than the marketing we have seen so far.

I think I made a mistake by pre-ordering one. Should have ordered three!

• Haha 1

I’m definitely interested in buying a couple (couple = 6) though would have to find a way to backdate a few to F-14A or else create a few ‘fantasy’ schemes given that the majority of the builds I’d like to cover are A’s with the occasional B. I’m after the AMK kit for the options, quality and versatility.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nocoolname said:

I’m definitely interested in buying a couple (couple = 6)

I like your way of thinking :D

I think an 'A' is planned as well but whether that's still so I don't know....then there's the matter of when. However I'd rather wait for a jewel than have to work on a rock.

Hopefully now that the D is more or less ready, A & B versions will be reasonably fast follow on's. 

*Clears honking great space on stash shelf in anticipation*... *In fact, scrap that, orders new racking especially...*. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Shelf space already cleared. In fact July’s space reclamation stash reduction exercise paid off twice in freeing up existing space while giving me cash to buy a new set of shelves. Which obviously need filling. After all, nothing threatens the fate of the universe more than empty shelves. 

• Haha 1

If you live in the United States you can Pre-Order AMK's new F-14D at Kitlink. This is an online retailer run by the owner of the now defunct GreatModels website. I have no affiliation with Kitlink and have yet to order from them. I did order quite a number of items from GreatModels.

This is not AMK's Pre-Order through distributors, or the IndieGoGo Campaign, so you won't be getting the extra weapons I believe.

The kit is a bargain at a discounted price of $51.95! Shipping via USPS priority mail is $13.15 for one kit. If you buy four kits USPS priority Mail is $17.99 🤔 Got friends?

https://www.kitlinx.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=AGK88007&title=F-14D-Super-Tomcat-Fighter-(New-Tool)---Pre-Order-Item

You may also Pre-Order the weapons set for $25.55

https://www.kitlinx.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=AGK88E01&title=US-Ordnance-Weapons-Set-for-F14D-%2388007---Pre-Order-Item

On 9/14/2018 at 8:13 PM, March said:

Hopefully now that the D is more or less ready, A & B versions will be reasonably fast follow on's. 

I hope for the A and B's.. But I hope  it's not "fast" by AMK's standard :D  

13 minutes ago, Masinissa said:

Looks like they may have backed away from the innovation of clear inserts into a canopy frame. Or is it a one piece insert? Time will tell.

Can't wait to get the kit.

13697163_641360386028792_250639497271632

Look closely, it's their.

16 hours ago, Masinissa said:

Looks like they may have backed away from the innovation of clear inserts into a canopy frame. Or is it a one piece insert? Time will tell.

Can't wait to get the kit.

13697163_641360386028792_250639497271632

They are doing both styles.

Edited by Jabba
  • Like 1

They are doing both a two (three)piece canopy and frame and a single piece canopy. There are no pilot figures, I don't see this as a problem as you can get much better bespoke figures to match the kit level of detail.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Parabat said:

They are doing both a two (three)piece canopy and frame and a single piece canopy. There are no pilot figures, I don't see this as a problem as you can get much better bespoke figures to match the kit level of detail.

I don't see a problem either! Any pilot figures would be instantly binned and, I prefer single piece canopies! Quality nowadays is more than adequate to be able to see everything under the roof and, a closed canopy is one less thing to damage or break!

Allan

• Like 2