1/48 - Grumman F-14A/B & D Tomcat by AvantGarde Model Kits (AMK) - F-14D released

Homebee

Please stop playing with such meaningless so call "promotion tricks". Just pack the stuff and ship them to fulfill the paid pre-orderssssssss. We now have a state-of -art Tamiya A&D. And I believe GWH will also give us a decent 1/48 Tomcat too. I don't think it is worth waiting for a such a odd shape cat. But anyway just go on and enjoy your own game.

Edited by Chic
missing word
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Nocoolname said:

...one part per month... 

Okay.

...one part per month... 

:blink2: All over again?

Hmm... post one, get two?! Site in need of maintenance?

More like you need to go get some fresh air... :bleh:

Yeh, you do.

Cheers,

Unc2

• Like 1

200.webp

Source: https://www.facebook.com/avantgardemodelkits/posts/1311061539058670

Hi, All,

This should be most interesting to you we guess.

We will send this to our distributors by the end of August 2019 too. If you would like to have one, please contact your local AMK distributor.

Preorders will be sending to you by the end of the month too. Thank you for your support and patience!

AMK Team

68839067-1311061542392003-56525708658716

- ref. 88007 - Grumman F-14D Super Tomcat

Though THE question: Tomcallipygian or not ?

67844295-1311060889058735-10994954915838

68559664-1311060972392060-53130843242396

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

that looks very very complete! :thumbsup:

I somehow like the in flight LGBs not sure what to do with them, but great nonetheless!

some very innovative sprue and layout design!

I will wait for a review first... but it will be hard to bring me off buying one.....

decals are also looking good! Furball should speak for itsself!

• Like 1

Brilliant....absolutely cannot wait. I've had my preorder for 2 with hannants since day 1. Shame I won't get the free ordnance kit, since hannants not recognised by AMK  as a preorder company.

1 hour ago, exdraken said:

that looks very very complete! :thumbsup:

I somehow like the in flight LGBs not sure what to do with them, but great nonetheless!

some very innovative sprue and layout design!

I will wait for a review first... but it will be hard to bring me off buying one.....

decals are also looking good! Furball should speak for itsself!

Lol I already have decals for all of those aircraft, except the VX-9 turkey. Chalk another point to the "Reasons NOT to buy this kit list."

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, whiskey said:

Lol I already have decals for all of those aircraft, except the VX-9 turkey. Chalk another point to the "Reasons NOT to buy this kit list."

you can only do one.... with one kit.. :devil: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Finally! That'll hopefully cover the slot for my planned VX-9 build and unless I switch one of my Tamiya's from a VF-213 I might backdate another to a VF-101 B. I'll wait to see what comes of the planned GWH kit before deciding on whether to backdate another to an A. Just glad they finally got it out of the barn.

• Like 1

Six after from first hints, four after from first announcement on BM ! Well, either a very bad promotion campaign or an ill business conduct. I acknowledge model kit production is a heavy piece of work to develop, both intellectually and financially, and I can understand 'stop and go's throughout that process. Nevertheless, it is nonsense and rather anthipatic to spread the news to so many years, no matter how exciting a release may be, which by no means is the case for this F-14 as there's plenty of good kits on the market already.

Why kit makers spend their time, energy, craftsmanship and money on repetitive subjects is beyond me. Don't we have already enough Bf 109 and F-14 and F-16, when there's an ocean of untouched subjects of aviation history?

36 minutes ago, IvanVasili said:

Why kit makers spend their time, energy, craftsmanship and money on repetitive subjects is beyond me. Don't we have already enough Bf 109 and F-14 and F-16, when there's an ocean of untouched subjects of aviation history?

Because they know that popular aircraft kits will sell, so they all make their own version. It is only a wealthy company rhat can afford to make niche or little known subjects (that don't end up selling well - look at some of the recent Airfix releases for some niche kits that lots of people said they would buy and now just sit on shop shelves...)

This Tomcat looks to offer a lot of of options which other kits don't and it uses some very new moulding techniques.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, IvanVasili said:

Well, I mean we all have those subjects that are dear to our hearts and that we'd like to see done, but I have no doubt in my mind that bf 109 kits and so on sell really well. When Tamiya did their F-14, I don't think they looked at existing model kits thinking "that one is missing", I think they saw a market for their very own F-14. To them it is not repetitive because it is their kit and their goal is not to fill in the blanks in regards to missing subjects but to create a product that sells really well. Truth be told, if Tamiya started doing just the subjects that I really really want, they'd be in financial trouble really fast.

I look at it like this: Are there subjects I'd like to see but are unlikely to ever be kitted? Sure, absolutely. But at the same time, I remember going to the little corner shop tightly clutching my allowance and then spending half an hour deciding which of the 4 revell kits there I'd buy. Today, there are so many kits and so much variety, subjects I never thought I'd see and in a level of quality that would have blown my 8 year old self clean out of my socks. It would blow me out of my socks now, but gravity treats me differently these days.

It's a great time to be a model builder, not perfect, but bloody great :)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Parabat said:

Because they know that popular aircraft kits will sell, so they all make their own version. It is only a wealthy company rhat can afford to make niche or little known subjects (that don't end up selling well - look at some of the recent Airfix releases for some niche kits that lots of people said they would buy and now just sit on shop shelves...)

This Tomcat looks to offer a lot of of options which other kits don't and it uses some very new moulding techniques.

15 minutes ago, hoppie said:

Well, I mean we all have those subjects that are dear to our hearts and that we'd like to see done, but I have no doubt in my mind that bf 109 kits and so on sell really well. When Tamiya did their F-14, I don't think they looked at existing model kits thinking "that one is missing", I think they saw a market for their very own F-14. To them it is not repetitive because it is their kit and their goal is not to fill in the blanks in regards to missing subjects but to create a product that sells really well. Truth be told, if Tamiya started doing just the subjects that I really really want, they'd be in financial trouble really fast.

I look at it like this: Are there subjects I'd like to see but are unlikely to ever be kitted? Sure, absolutely. But at the same time, I remember going to the little corner shop tightly clutching my allowance and then spending half an hour deciding which of the 4 revell kits there I'd buy. Today, there are so many kits and so much variety, subjects I never thought I'd see and in a level of quality that would have blown my 8 year old self clean out of my socks. It would blow me out of my socks now, but gravity treats me differently these days.

It's a great time to be a model builder, not perfect, but bloody great :)

I both see your points and widely agree gentlemen. And I sure can figure out the mathematics behind model manufacturers trying to produce their versions of popular subjects. But I wouldn't say kits such as 1/32nd scale F-101, F-111, F-102, F-106 and some similar aircrafts to start with can be considered as "niche" models. Would a 1/32nd Mirage F.1 be a "niche" model? Or a 1/48th P2V Neptune? I think many and many modellers around the world would defy gravity in welcoming such kits. One would think manufacturers have the best nose to smell the air for what the modelling community wants, but are we rather being forced to choose from what they present us?

As for niche Airfix releases... Airfix itself rather than the subjects may be in question here...   

23 hours ago, Parabat said:

- look at some of the recent Airfix releases for some niche kits that lots of people said they would buy and now just sit on shop shelves...)

This could very easily go both ways. Back in 2010, perhaps some modellers here remember when Airfix pulled this stunt about the releasement of a 1/48th scale Vulcan kit with the display of a sign and all at Telford.

I really took it too to heart and started conversations with people in different countries' IPMS: mainly Brazil, Perú, Chile, Colombia and Argentina. Almost 5873 modellers in South America had shown interest in such a kit, so Airfix asked to collect the contact for each and every modeller willing to compromise with the purchase of that kit, which I did. In vain. 

How many modellers would be interested in buying an injection moulded Vulcan kit in 1/48th scale in the U.S., Canada, UK or Asia I wonder? What about the rest of Europe and Oceanica?

Model manufacturers will have you collect contacts to then tell you: "Meh... we'll probably do it in future." :rolleyes:

Do you ever know how hard it is to collect contacts from countries in half South America?

Cheers,

Unc2

P.S: I gladly got my Aeroclub Vulcan kit in 2015, so I got over it somehow, but will never again commit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hairystick said:

It seems some "test builds" are underway with a few modellers. One makes reference to not having any instructions, so possibly these have yet to be finalised / printed?

Think it's quite common with manufacturers for samples to be sent out without the box and instructions.

• 2 weeks later...