1/48 - Grumman F-14A/B & D Tomcat by AvantGarde Model Kits (AMK) - F-14D released

Homebee

Wow! This is going to be incredible once it's released! :yikes:

Looks to be the answer for all of those that said the tamiya kit was too basic, you always have to watch what you wish for. :lol:

Thankfully, looking at the cad of the wings, AMK appear to have taken inspiration from tamiya and the wings will be able to be fitted after all the painting is done with some really sturdy attachment points, nice touch! :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, DannyB said:

Wow! This is going to be incredible once it's released! :yikes:

Looks to be the answer for all of those that said the tamiya kit was too basic, you always have to watch what you wish for. :lol:

Thankfully, looking at the cad of the wings, AMK appear to have taken inspiration from tamiya and the wings will be able to be fitted after all the painting is done with some really sturdy attachment points, nice touch! :thumbsup:

It will be interesting to see where the price falls. While I love the detail of my Foxhound, I might have been less inclined to buy it if the price was, say, twice as much as I paid. Similarly, if AMK's Tomcat is twice the price of the Tamiya, I'll probably just buy the Tamiya.

Looks great. Think it was mentioned elsewhere in the thread that two types of wings will be included, which is great for those, like myself, who have limited space but plan to build a few.

As to price, Martin had mentioned around £45, but i'd imagine this will creep up a touch. Even so, I'm sure to will prove to be equally, if not more popular, than the Tamiya kit.

4 for me please!

2 hours ago, DaveJL said:

As to price, Martin had mentioned around £45, but i'd imagine this will creep up a touch. Even so, I'm sure to will prove to be equally, if not more popular, than the Tamiya kit.

I'm pretty sure Martin said it will hopefully be a similar price to the MiG-31, that kit was about £40-£45 when it was first released but that seems to have drifted up over the months, but that could be down to the fall in value of the pound since last June as much as anything else. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see it reach the market at around the same price as the Tamiya kit, but I'll be a happy camper if it's cheaper.

I expect it to be much better than the Tamiya kit, so even if the price is almost equal, for me it will still be justifiable...

Now, if it is closer to what Martin said (I wanted to write "promised", but this wouldn't be fair, as things have changed considerably since then) a few months back, it will be even better!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/02/2017 at 13:28, Simon382 said:

A firm release date would be good enough for me at the moment, it'll give me time to save up and, more to the point, plan how to get it past SHMBO!!!!!!

Have it shipped to your place of work. That's what I do. Guaranteed to never miss the post and gives you plenty of time to sneak it past the missus.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, March said:

Squeak!

Squeak up !!

• 3 weeks later...

This was just posted on Facebook:

Still alive and kicking contrary to what some may have you believe. 
Life is busy. Kfir is coming and a Tomcat is purring in the wings. Such noisy things they are. Toms carrying a couple of Phoenix's in grey under his arms. Pointed at?
So, nearly Easter. I can honestly say that we won't be doing any "eggs" or"cute" things. Just models we would want to build ourselves with as much accuracy and detail as feasibly possible all with a proper real and down to earth price tag. 
How much for that 1:48 kit?????? Nope! Not from us. 
Tomcat retail should be about our MiG-31. 
Beat that if you dare. 
So eggs? Heck no! Sorry if that offends but we think a well researched and tooled kit is worth it's weight in platinum. Easter eggs made of chocolate? Gimme gimme.
The Phoenix's are pointed at plastic eggs 1f60e.png😎

https://www.facebook.com/avantgardemodelkits/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf