Jump to content

1/48 - Grumman F-14A/B & D Tomcat by AvantGarde Model Kits (AMK) - F-14D released - new F-14D boxing in 2021


Homebee

Recommended Posts

Take a close look at the photo that shows the Fins, the trailing edge looks short shot to me. Hopefully this will be sorted out before the full production run (and is the reason why Companies run test shots). On the whole it does look really nice though and will hopefully come in at a competitive price.

 

Duncan B

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Duncan B said:

Take a close look at the photo that shows the Fins, the trailing edge looks short shot to me. Hopefully this will be sorted out before the full production run (and is the reason why Companies run test shots). On the whole it does look really nice though and will hopefully come in at a competitive price.

 

Duncan B

Yes
You are correct, it sure looks like it's short shot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Duncan B said:

Take a close look at the photo that shows the Fins, the trailing edge looks short shot to me. Hopefully this will be sorted out before the full production run (and is the reason why Companies run test shots). On the whole it does look really nice though and will hopefully come in at a competitive price.

 

Duncan B

That was asked in a FB post. Martin stated that it was low quality plastic for test shots.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2018 at 12:36 PM, boom175 said:

That was asked in a FB post. Martin stated that it was low quality plastic for test shots.

 

That's good to know, I was hoping it was just a test shot issue as alluded to in my original post.

 

Duncan B

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Depending if you're a Northern hemisphere meteorologist or an astronomer ... 😉

 

Quote

 

When does summer end and autumn start in 2018?

There are two different dates that mark the end of summer and the beginning of autumn.

These depend if you are referring to astronomical autumn or the meteorological autumn.

For meteorologists, summer comes to an end on August 31 and autumn begins on September 1, running until Thursday, November 30.

But astronomers say summer ends on September 22 in the northern hemisphere and autumn begins on Friday, September 23.

 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4144147/autumn-start-summer-end-2018-equinox/

 

V.P.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Homebee said:

 

Depending if you're a Northern hemisphere meteorologist or an astronomer ... 😉

 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4144147/autumn-start-summer-end-2018-equinox/

 

V.P.

According to the ancient rules, model kit development is subject to Northern Hemisphere and Meteorological Law, so, just 2 days to go! :hourglass:;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Nocoolname said:

Nope. Autumn begins on 1st September. Trust me.

 

No. This is just what the weather people are now spouting these days. It is the same with all the seasons. Go back a few years and they only talked about the equinoxes and solstices.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Jabba said:

 

No. This is just what the weather people are now spouting these days. It is the same with all the seasons. Go back a few years and they only talked about the equinoxes and solstices.

I want me Tomcat. So I'm going with the weather people on this one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyway I can wait for a couple week now, as I have a lot to do this time, the two SU-35 (KittyHawk's and the GWH's), the SU-34 (KH's) ,the Mig 35 (AMK's) and the F-15J (GWH). I'm so happy that today we can have so detailing and well fit models in the market.

 

This F-14 should be an amazing model, so please don't complain, you will be happy while your Tomcat comes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, salomon said:

Anyway I can wait for a couple week now, as I have a lot to do this time, the two SU-35 (KittyHawk's and the GWH's), the SU-34 (KH's) ,the Mig 35 (AMK's) and the F-15J (GWH). I'm so happy that today we can have so detailing and well fit models in the market.

 

This F-14 should be an amazing model, so please don't complain, you will be happy while your Tomcat comes.

Well said Solarman, sorry Saloman :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Grumman F-14A/B & D Tomcat by AvantGarde Model Kits (AMK) - F-14D released - new F-14D boxing in 2021
  • Julien locked this topic
  • Greg B unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...