1/48 - Grumman F-14A/B & D Tomcat by AvantGarde Model Kits (AMK) - F-14D released

Homebee

Looking forward to getting more details on this one.

For an A model, if it's going to be from 70's/80's/early 90's (intercepter, no bomcat) there are a huge choice of aftermarket decals, but I'd like to see in the kit:

VF-41 (Sukhoi killer)

VF-32 (Mig Killer )

VF-84

Dave

• Like 2

Anything but Jolly Rogers please.

Aftermarket decals for the great schemes of the '80s/early 90s are getting harding to come by. Fightertown had a great sheet which is very hard to find now!

Martin, are you putting the choice of schemes up for us, the modeller, to decide? If so, a poll may be useful for you to gauge ideas.

Dave

• Like the idea of a VF-143 scheme, maybe early 80's? VF-211 not seen that often for hi-viz. V-14 from circa 2000 CAG (Anniversary markings). Gosh, there are really loads to choose from, always like VF-142 markings, any era :) Oh and then there's VF-101!

• Like 1

Aftermarket decals for the great schemes of the '80s/early 90s are getting harding to come by. Fightertown had a great sheet which is very hard to find now!

Martin, are you putting the choice of schemes up for us, the modeller, to decide? If so, a poll may be useful for you to gauge ideas.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Jury is in session and listening. Nothing will be finalised unto the guys who design the decals need to know.

We are taking notes and everything is up for consideration.

From a personal perspective I prefer, for the first boxing, a very early 1970's, maybe up to '75, mid 1980's and a 1990/95. Something like that.

The thing is, that there are so may decal sets out there already and of course, many more will now come to fit ours when it's done.

• Like 1

So, that's Super Etendard, Mig-31 and Mig-25 that you have me salivating over, and now three F-14's... at this rate you may as well just have open access to my wallet (although thanks to you guys there is a high likelihood that it will be empty!).

What I'd really love to see is a super detailed Blackbird (SR-71A and YF-12A particularly). Hint hint!

• Like 1

How about in addition to releasing several versions of the kit with marking options as being discussed here, offering another box without decals, or just the basic stencilling and offering it for a few pennies cheaper? That way those who want to use or already have aftermarket sheets can use them and aren't left with a pile of kit decal sheets.

Edited by pinky coffeeboat
  • Like 1

It's me again, putting my hands up in the air to say:

Make a nice choice of grey schemes, all you want, but save a little space on the decalsheet for an exotic (in service Cats, not agressors please).

Have a nice day,

Jeroen

• Like 1

So, that's Super Etendard, Mig-31 and Mig-25 that you have me salivating over, and now three F-14's... at this rate you may as well just have open access to my wallet (although thanks to you guys there is a high likelihood that it will be empty!).

What I'd really love to see is a super detailed Blackbird (SR-71A and YF-12A particularly). Hint hint!

I'd love to do a YF-12A. I know that another manufacturer has first dibs on them though. Watch out in the coming year for more news on that.

How about in addition to releasing several versions of the kit with marking options as being discussed here, offering another box without decals, or just the basic stencilling and offering it for a few pennies cheaper? That way those who want to use or already have aftermarket sheets can use them and aren't left with a pile of kit decal sheets.

It's actually a good idea. Can’t promise anything but I will send it up to the AMK team.

• Like 1

Looking forward to this. It's been ages since I've built a kitty. I've currently got a 1/72 Hasegawa kit in the stash awaiting it's turn in the rotation.

The poster child of airborne fleet defense for 30 years...and one of the reasons I joined the USN. :coolio:

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see markings for, on any of the F-14's you release, especially the F-14A, for Operation Enduring Freedom. I love the bomb markings on them for the bombibng missions they flew and/or VF-1.

James

• Like 1

The original VF-33 markings as posted by Rui were IMHO some of the best looking ever worn by the Tomcat, and for this reason adorn one of my 1/48 models. It's a pity that the scheme was short lived and even CAG aircrafts from this unit later used much less spectacular markings (although for a short time there was a similar scheme painted in tones of grey)