1/48 - Grumman F-14A/B & D Tomcat by AvantGarde Model Kits (AMK) - F-14D released

Homebee

19 minutes ago, pacificmustang said:

Well, just been contacted by HobbyEasy stating they are expecting them soon.

They are honouring the pre order price of AUD80 and including the Ordnance set

Bruce 

Waiting on an email from HobbyEasy myself, good to know their starting to get in contact with customers! 

35 minutes ago, pacificmustang said:

Bruce 

That's about £45. Don't know what the price is likely to be in rip off UK yet but, if it is at a similar level, that's about 40% less than the prices I've seen for the Tamiya kit

Allan

1 hour ago, Albeback52 said:

That's about £45. Don't know what the price is likely to be in rip off UK yet but, if it is at a similar level, that's about 40% less than the prices I've seen for the Tamiya kit

Allan

Yep.  That why despite the wait, this kit is the winner for me.  While I don't doubt the Tamiya kit is nice, this one looks to provide better value for me.  Reasonable detail out of the box, the ability to build "dirty" should I decide too (probably will), for significantly less out of pocket.  I suspect I'll be hearing from my vendor before too long now.  Getting excited.  :frantic:

• Like 3

Ditto...I also ordered my two from Hannants 2 years ago. Could you let the forum know if you hear anything from them please and I'll do the same.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, helios16v said:

Yep.  That why despite the wait, this kit is the winner for me.  While I don't doubt the Tamiya kit is nice, this one looks to provide better value for me.  Reasonable detail out of the box, the ability to build "dirty" should I decide too (probably will), for significantly less out of pocket.  I suspect I'll be hearing from my vendor before too long now.  Getting excited.  :frantic:

That's the reasons why I prefer this one to the Tamiya kit. The latter may be twice the price but, is it really twice as nice?

There is of course no answer to that because, it is personal choice.

My partner is ordering a pair of these kits for my  Christmas. If it is going to be as cheap as that. I might be able to stretch it to three! 😂😂

Allan

• Like 1

Both look good, but the way the disc before the turbine has been represented is not great, as totally hides the turbine blades. In the real F110 this part is smaller in diameter than the nozzle inner walls, so leaving the turbine blades more visible. It is of course a small detail, that is also not easy to do in plastic (PE would be more suited here) and there will sure be aftermarket parts soon, but ehi, I'm a Tomcat fanatic after all 😁

On 9/18/2019 at 7:38 PM, t15dja said:

Ditto...I also ordered my two from Hannants 2 years ago. Could you let the forum know if you hear anything from them please and I'll do the same.

Just checking on my Hannants UK backorder status for two of these kits, I see that Hannants are now quoting a price of £49.49 each for them......a bargain if you ask me. However, sadly I assume that won't include the ordnance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, guillaume320 said:

As far as I understand all kits will include ordnance. That ‘preorder deal’ would include an extra separate box of ordnance....

That would be good news.....hope you're right!

On 9/18/2019 at 7:38 PM, t15dja said:

Could you let the forum know if you hear anything from them please and I'll do the same.

I emailed Hannants UK about likely delivery times and got the following response from them:

"According to an email from AMK I received this morning, they are still awaiting instructions and boxes. Hopefully, they will ship within the next 2 weeks or so.

As regards actual receipt of the consignment, I normally allow about 4 weeks for the container to arrive so we are looking at end of October/early November"

......Maybe in time for collection at Telford??

Edited by t15dja
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, t15dja said:

That would be good news.....hope you're right!

Yes the kit box in itself will have

4x AIM54C

4x AIM7M

4x AIM9M

4x GBU12

4x GBU16

4x GBU31 JDAM

4x GBU 38 JDAM

1x TARPS

1x Lantirn

The additional weapons box is standalone and can be used on other kits.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2019 at 5:07 AM, pacificmustang said:

Bruce 

Likewise.

I messaged them regarding the pre-order and they verified the weapons kit inclusion. Shipping price had been finalised too!

• Like 1

Found another manual, the PDF copy of the NATOPS Flight Manual Navy Model F-14D published in 1997. Almost 1000 pages long with detailed instructions for the pilots on how to fly the F-14D. Was interesting for the first 15 minutes of flipping the pages, then yawn,...

However if anyone is keen to have a copy, you can google for it under "NATOPS Flight Manual F-14D" and download the PDF.

Its more interesting seeing the diagrams at the end of the document listing the parts instead of what buttons to press to change the HUD, what buttons to press to shoot, AOA allowed under which ceiling, how to eject, etc.

Now I know what to call them instead of that thing under the nose.

Some diagrams from the manual.

5n2iuaA.jpg

6lKrk1q.jpg

VenjEOM.jpg

• Like 1