1/48 - Grumman F-14A/B & D Tomcat by AvantGarde Model Kits (AMK) - F-14D released

Homebee

8 hours ago, Martin @ AMK Hobby said:

In the interest of openness,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adult-onset_Still's_disease

I wonder who would be as honest about their lives?

Hi Martin,

I admire your honesty and your positive attitude. I also find it very comforting to share details of my health issues with others - there's something about discussing these issues that help me deal with them. My recent battle with a recurrence of follicular lymphoma is well documented in my posts here on Britmodeller, and it always amazes me how compassionate my fellow Britmodellers are - and I only know most of you through this forum. So please take your time with the Tomcat (we know you'll do it right), attend to your health issues, and rest assured that we're here if you need to have a chat. I hope you have a great holiday season!   :santa:

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 2

Hello Martin thanks for taking the time to reply  especially when not 100%.

Hannants only seem to have the original Kfir with the updated one for preorder. Or they are keeping them well hidden.

More importantly I hope you recover soon and you and yours have a merry Christmas and a peaceful healthly 2018.

Chris

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Martin,

Nobody is perfect and I do not expect you or AMK to be either.

I do expect though lessons to be learned. And my guess is that they have!

So I am eagerly waiting to hear from you about the F-14...

...once it is already scheduled for production and the time in the machines has already been reserved.

Not much other than that you have made an impressive work on your (new) kfir, making the best in scale, even better.

Thanks for keeping us updated and I hope that the new year finds you more healthy and productive than not.

Cheers,

DIO

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looks like they may have taken a leaf out of Tamiya's book so that the wing can be swapped between everything hanging out and everything nicely folded away.

Robert

Got their Magister in the stash. Anyone interested in the Kinetic original double kit boxing?

I was about ready to order the Finemolds little big Cat, but i'll keep myself in check until release by AMK.

Edited by PattheCat

2 hours ago, DIO said:

How does kinetic relate here? Sorry, I am confused.

Sorry for the confusion Dio, I just meant I wouldn't have bought Kinetic Magisters if I had known AMK had a (far better) Magister on the way. Same feeling for the Cat, so just delaying buying a Tomcat from another manufacturer than AMK so it won't pile up dust like the Kinetic Magisters.

Edited by PattheCat

• 4 weeks later...

I find it difficult to believe anything that's posted from AMK any more. They announced this kit over 4 years ago, I suspect it didn't take Grumman that long to build the real thing, and there's still no sign of it; same story with the G-91. Think I'll stick with the Tamiya kit and fit aftermarket flaps; as for the Gina I'll try the 1:32 scale kit from DayGlo.

12 hours ago, Richard123 said:

I find it difficult to believe anything that's posted from AMK any more. They announced this kit over 4 years ago, I suspect it didn't take Grumman that long to build the real thing, and there's still no sign of it; same story with the G-91. Think I'll stick with the Tamiya kit and fit aftermarket flaps; as for the Gina I'll try the 1:32 scale kit from DayGlo.

The F-14 Tomcat began development in 1966 when the U.S. Navy awarded Grumman a contract to study advanced fighter designs. The first prototype F-14 Tomcats flew in 1970 and the first deployment occurred in 1974 on board the USS Enterprise. (Beam me up Mr. Scott!)

AMK is ahead of this schedule.:phew:

I preordered one from their IndieGoGo. Until the little plastic F-14 model airplane is released I'll finish my Eduard Danger Zone F-14 and a few other projects. I have about 190 kits waiting for my attention,:mental: but I'll be happy to see AMK's F-14 arrive.:party:It will be the apple next to the pie.:pie:

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Masinissa said:

The F-14 Tomcat began development in 1966 when the U.S. Navy awarded Grumman a contract to study advanced fighter designs. The first prototype F-14 Tomcats flew in 1970 and the first deployment occurred in 1974 on board the USS Enterprise. (Beam me up Mr. Scott!)

AMK is ahead of this schedule.:phew:

Not yet they ain't! Still got two years but Trumpeter have taken longer from announcement to shelf and what about that 32nd scale SEPECAT Jaguar everyone got excited about a long time ago?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Col. said:

Not yet they ain't! Still got two years but Trumpeter have taken longer from announcement to shelf and what about that 32nd scale SEPECAT Jaguar everyone got excited about a long time ago?

Stuff happens. AMK announced a MiG-25 family, but looks like ICM's offerings have folded that tent. BTW where's the follow up MiG-25s from Kitty Hawk? Can't say they'll be missed.

Years ago the original Accurate Miniatures owners had inserts in their kits showing that they would be releasing a family of Beaufighters. Box Art was provided. Then Tamiya happened. Now Revell is popping one out. Will it be better than the 1990s Tamiya?

Mirage Models announced new tool 1/48 B-17s(!!!!) at least 15 years ago. Turned out that once you reached the horizon they disappeared.

Trumpeter/Hobby Boss have penciled in 1/32 scale B-24s! Maybe in 2030 we'll see them in 1/48?

Now back to the AMK F-14. Yes it's a long wait. AMK has made tools and test sprues of weapons and the wings. Posted on Facebook! What happens next? Stay tuned!

32nd Scale SEPECAT Jaguar you say? I missed that one. If it pops up then hoorah! More glue and paint to buy! As for now there's a lot of kits flying out. Too many to buy and build.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Masinissa said:

...Mirage Models announced new tool 1/48 B-17s(!!!!) at least 15 years ago. Turned out that once you reached the horizon they disappeared.

That made me laugh :lol: 

I was hoping they'd crack on with the Tomcat only to get it out of the way and on to the MiG-25 but as you say the ICM kit has dampened if not drowned their enthusiasm for it :( 

There was a load of test build photos on this forum years ago posted by a Mr. Song along with some of a Buccaneer and I'm sure the Jag was announced a couple weeks back. Wish I could remember who by now... Kittyhawk! Went and checked :) 

Edited by Col.
  • Like 1

AMK is a small co compare to Tamiya or Trumpeter, but their kits are awesome so I prefer waiting for their Tomcat and not to buy other company's F-14. 

The waiting is a little bit long, but I have a lot of models to finish as many modeler of you, and the release is near.

19 minutes ago, salomon said:

AMK is a small co compare to Tamiya or Trumpeter, but their kits are awesome so I prefer waiting for their Tomcat and not to buy other company's F-14. 

The waiting is a little bit long, but I have a lot of models to finish as many modeler of you, and the release is near.

Here's AMK working on the Tomcat! (Actually it's a fantastic video on the development and engineering ot the F-14.)

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Col. said:

There was a load of test build photos on this forum years ago posted by a Mr. Song along with some of a Buccaneer and I'm sure the Jag was announced a couple weeks back. Wish I could remember who by now... Kittyhawk! Went and checked :)

A test build implies that the kit exists. The Buccaneer and Su-17 had parts that couldn't be injected so these builds were POCs (Proof of Concept) or prototypes, not kits. Wang Song was still employed by Trumpeter in those days.

If only. But Kittyhawk say the Jaguar series is pencilled in for further development next year. 

The Trumpeter 1/32 Douglas Devastator is still in the catalogue as "new for 2018-19". It was announced originally in May 2004 so must hold the record.

I wish AMK every success but clearly the kits are a low priority stocking filler so we'll get the twin-tailed pussycat when they're ready, eventually.

Kudos to ICM for its stonkingly good foxbats, with 1/48 MiG-25RBF recce and -25PD interceptor boxings imminent.

Tony

• Like 1

when it comes out I will decide if I need one or more.... until then

maybe I de-stock some of the Haseones I have... but not in any hurry! take your time AMK, but make it accurate ;) it won't hurt your sales :P

Edited by exdraken