Airfix 1/72 Panavia Tornado GR4 ZA492 617 Sqn

Quickly setting up my thread with the obligatory box and sprues shots. Mainly building OOB, with just the addition of the Eduard Zoom set for a few extra details such as seatbelts. Unlikely to get started today as planned, but hopefully during the week progress should begin. Maybe.

01Box_zps1nh5v4fv.jpg

02Sprues_zps7bgllm7q.jpg

Edited by Hammasphee
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been a little slow in getting going (mixture of work, catching up after hols and the daunting prospect of a not entirely brilliant kit...) I am unashamedly pinching ideas from Hovis' build as what he has done with the interior looks rather smart - apologies and thanks!

First up however was my first (somewhat woeful) attempt at rescribing raised panel lines. Let's see how these turn out after a coat of primer, but I'm not hopeful...

03Scribing_zpsr8uw0x8t.jpg

Have done a lot to try and bring the cockpit upto a better standard, and reasonably happy with the results so far. Again, a coat of paint will tell me a lot more about my level of success here in this department.

04Cockpit_zpsdhfrkuxm.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Been very lax in this I'm afraid - a mixture of work and dread at the amount of work needed to this frankly terrible kit. But I've steeled myself over the weekend, and have the cockpit finished! Wings and tailplanes have also been cleaned and rescribed, ready for joining (tomorrow, once the glue has dried in the main wings).

05Panels_zpslnwz2dqc.jpg

06Interior_zpsg5mnnv0q.jpg

• Like 1