Revell 1/32 Ju88A-4 with Wallace and Gromit as a sideshow

Thanks Bernd, I am considering changing the paint scheme I had in mind to an A-11 based in Sicily. The A-11 is a tropical version of the A-4 meaning most probably tropical filters and some other modifications. The only difference I have been able to see is only two external bomb racks fitted instead of four,( big ones so that torpedoes can be carried), and shrouds over the exhausts.

I think I could get away with this version, cobbling up exhaust shrouds should be a snap. Think it's a good idea?

Hi Julian,

That would be of massive interest to me, my friends Uncle for whom I'm modeling his aircraft, flew Spitfires from Malta, later Sicily and Italy and came up against 88's regularly so to see one done would be excellent.

• Like 1

Hi Julian,

That would be of massive interest to me, my friends Uncle for whom I'm modeling his aircraft, flew Spitfires from Malta, later Sicily and Italy and came up against 88's regularly so to see one done would be excellent.

Looks like you may get your wish. There are an awful lot of green Ju-88's around and I don't trust my "winter wash" finishes enough to try it out on this build after all the work I have put into the cockpit. :winkgrin:

30/8 update:

This is the version I will be building:

DSCN3281.jpg

Photo from the Kagero Topdrawings No. 16.

The aircraft of 2./LG1 operated from North Africa and Sicily in 1942

:coolio:

Edited by Gremlin56
  • Like 9

Hi Julian. Hope you are keeping well. Nice progress on your project and your intended version should look rather splendid in that scheme! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hi Julian. Hope you are keeping well. Nice progress on your project and your intended version should look rather splendid in that scheme! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix, took a peek at your Tamiya Panther this morning. Very nice indeed !

Hi Julian, that's a good scheme, I have a very similar one foe a '109F which I've been building off and on ( more off ) for a couple of years. I don't know why but I've never been particularly interested in the Ju 88, but you could be converting me with your splendid build.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Hi Julian, that's a good scheme, I have a very similar one foe a '109F which I've been building off and on ( more off ) for a couple of years. I don't know why but I've never been particularly interested in the Ju 88, but you could be converting me with your splendid build.

Cheers

John

Quite an amazing bird the Ju-88. An all round workhorse for the Luftwaffe. :coolio::winkgrin:

30/8 update:

The gondola has been fitted. Masks haven't been fitted yet.

DSCN3282.jpg

DSCN3284.jpg

DSCN3285.jpg

DSCN3287.jpg

:winkgrin:

Edited by Gremlin56
  • Like 7

Great choice of scheme Julian and I like the new signature picture... I like pigs, a lot, both alive and, um, pork. (As you know we English use the French word for meat to save our gentle feelings) :)

• Like 1

More great progress Julian!

Very nice scheme choice, big fan of anything from the med.

Also I agree with you on the ju88, my favourite of all the baddies. I made the torp ju88 with the squiggle pattern on when I was little (12?) I think it was the (inaccurate) italeri boxing?? Hmmm another project to think about! Also my only Nazi to be spared an untimely demise

Rob

• Like 1

Great choice of scheme Julian and I like the new signature picture... I like pigs, a lot, both alive and, um, pork. (As you know we English use the French word for meat to save our gentle feelings) :)

Thanks Ced, I couldn't resist the bacon bits. I remember when I was still sailing we managed to persuade the cook to do a roast suckling pig for the Sunday dinner. When the little guy appeared on the table with grapes for eyes and an apple in his mouth we all felt too sorry to eat the piglet. Really upset the cook :fight::boxing::angrysoapbox.sml:

More great progress Julian!

Very nice scheme choice, big fan of anything from the med.

Also I agree with you on the ju88, my favourite of all the baddies. I made the torp ju88 with the squiggle pattern on when I was little (12?) I think it was the (inaccurate) italeri boxing?? Hmmm another project to think about! Also my only Nazi to be spared an untimely demise

Rob

Thanks Rob,

seems to be a good choice :winkgrin:

Edited by Gremlin56
  • Like 1

Hi Julian I think here is same plane but with black under surface for night missions for me more atractive :D

L12BOK%20c_zpsylvyxpd1.jpg

Yes, that is definitely "Oscar Kilo ". Nice photos, thank you Miro. OK doesn't have the exhaust shrouds fitted here either.

More research needed here :winkgrin:

• Like 1

I think that exhoust shrouds are down becouse ground personal do engine and glass maintenance.When you look at flight photo you can see leftover black paint on rudder and this plane have night exhoust.

1-Ju-88A-II.LG1-2528L1252BOK2529-Sicily-

Edited by Reserve_22
  • Like 2

I think that exhoust shrouds are down becouse ground personal do engine and glass maintenance.When you look at flight photo you can see leftover black paint on rudder and this plane have night exhoust.

1-Ju-88A-II.LG1-2528L1252BOK2529-Sicily-

I should have thought of that. Excellent photo of Oscar Kilo. :yahoo::thumbsup:

Hi Julian I think here is same plane but with black under surface for night missions for me more atractive :D

L12BOK%20c_zpsylvyxpd1.jpg

Now that bottom photo would look great as a diorama Julian a good way of showing off your detail work with the engines un covered :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Keith

• Like 2