Revell 1/32 Ju88A-4 with Wallace and Gromit as a sideshow

Oh dear, looks like you will be having more fun Gremlin.

Now, where do I stash it for now?

Simon.

Hi Simon,

yes, that is a major problem, where to stash it. Should be a lot of fun when I get around to building it though :winkgrin:

Too much information! :yikes:

Actually, something similar happened to me a few weeks ago. I went into the local music shop just to ask a question about a board for my guitar effects pedals and ended up walking out with a Fender Telecaster Thinline guitar. :guitar: I'm still not sure how it happened but at least I was egged on by Gill.

Martin

Good morning Martin,

probably a little bit too graphic :yikes:

Lovely guitar the Telecaster, (Roy Buchanan immediately comes to mind). I have a Stratocaster that I used to torture the family with when I still dreamed of being serious competition for Hendrix.

Mrs. Gremlin56 and the little Gremlin's were very relieved when I decided to pack guitar playing in :coolio:

Hope to see you back building soon Martin, my Ju crew are complaining that they are missing news on the "flying saucer girls" :winkgrin:

Fantastic progress on the project (as usual) but I am also very impressed with your latest purchase! Mrs PlaStix recently bought me this as a present (and I know I'm lucky!) but I'm going to be struggling not to start it when I really need to be working on the two Spitfires I'm currently making plus all the plans I have for builds in the next few months for GBs and STGBs.

Ah well...... :pilot:

I will watch out for when you get started. Should be another great thread to follow.

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix, if there had been a Panther available in 1/16th I would have snapped it up. A beautifully designed tank. I loved the small turret with "saukopt" design that never reached service.

The Tamiya model is beautiful and I am sure you will work magic on the build.

:winkgrin:

• Like 1

Miro, your Königstiger builder is doing a fantastic job. My very, very big question here is where does he get his reference information?
Do you have any links or book recommendations to engine and fighting compartments of the PzKpfw IV H?

:coolio::winkgrin:

28/8 update:

Lots of odds and ends added to the Ju. Securing points near the tail wheel, a large lump under the tail containing some PE boxes, (got me stumped here, really can't figure out what this is), Also added the perspex antenna entry points on the fuselage along with the direction finder.The instrument panel and master compass have also been added. The master compass photo is rather fuzzy but was the best I could manage:

DSCN3241.jpg

DSCN3242.jpg

DSCN3243.jpg

DSCN3244.jpg

DSCN3246.jpg

DSCN3247.jpg

DSCN3249.jpg

Cheers,

:coolio:

Edited by Gremlin56
  • Like 7

Looking rather splendid now the fuselage is together Mr Gremlin!

and as for me I would stick with Claudia to if only :coolio:

It rather depends on what she has in her stash and how well she handles an airbrush. Being capable with PE would also be an advantage!

Nice work there Gremlin.

Coming along very well indeed.

Mrs Gremlin will be pleased.

Simon.

Good morning Simon,

It is looking like there is some progress at last.

The cockpit seemed endless :coolio:

Looking rather splendid now the fuselage is together Mr Gremlin!

It rather depends on what she has in her stash and how well she handles an airbrush. Being capable with PE would also be an advantage!

Thanks mate,

Claudia doesn't have a very large stash (Fnaar, Fnaar). Not sure about the airbrush bit though :winkgrin::oops:

• Like 1

29/8 update:

Working on the gondola at the moment, frame, gunners knee-rest and the forward bulkhead. The tail wheel has been fitted at a "jaunty, Russian grass strip, tight circle to dispersal angle".

The nose piece has been sanded smooth and the forward canopy part fits like a glove.

DSCN3254.jpg

DSCN3255.jpg

DSCN3257.jpg

DSCN3258.jpg

DSCN3261.jpg

DSCN3262.jpg

DSCN3263.jpg

Enough is enough for today :bye:

• Like 9

Wow, look at how much I have missed! All the smooth(!) Ladies... Not really a fan of C.S and charlize is a real look her, but after seeing monster she now scares the life out of me... The other two however get top marks, their parents must have good geans...

The ju88 looks amazing and fantastic to see her smooth !) And bottoned up.

The tank you have bought looks obscenely big, I like the look of a good tank bit never build them as I think the wife gets freaked out (she still calls my dam busters the angel of death as its black and scary... My son has managed to destroy the UC on it so its in the fixing draw... Was he put up to it??)

On the subject of the wife she has been asking a lot about the price and release date of the airfix beau.... It's out now my love don't hold back!!

Anyway your lucky men! Julian I can beat you, I met Mrs rob when we were 11 however it took me until I was 23 to get my act together...

Rob

• Like 2

All looking fine Gremlin . :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Simon.

Thank you Simon,

It looks strange with that high bug-eyed looking canopy. Will still be able to see the detailing inside though :thumbsup:

Wow, look at how much I have missed! All the smooth(!) Ladies... Not really a fan of C.S and charlize is a real look her, but after seeing monster she now scares the life out of me... The other two however get top marks, their parents must have good geans...

The ju88 looks amazing and fantastic to see her smooth !) And bottoned up.

The tank you have bought looks obscenely big, I like the look of a good tank bit never build them as I think the wife gets freaked out (she still calls my dam busters the angel of death as its black and scary... My son has managed to destroy the UC on it so its in the fixing draw... Was he put up to it??)

On the subject of the wife she has been asking a lot about the price and release date of the airfix beau.... It's out now my love don't hold back!!

Anyway your lucky men! Julian I can beat you, I met Mrs rob when we were 11 however it took me until I was 23 to get my act together...

Rob

Hi Rob,

nice to hear from you. Hope you get the Airfix Beaufighter, They are releasing some very nice models recently. I might get temped to buy the 1/48th Defiant when it hits the market.

:bye:

Good job Julian ;)

Thank you Miro, progress at last :winkgrin:

No problem with the detail being hidden on this one Julian, a great jaunty job!

Kev

Quaint old word isn't it? I think the Hairy Biker's are the only people around who still use it :D :D :D

That all looks very impressive! How is the fit of the nose glazing?

Martin

Thank you Martin,

Checked that of course, fit is good, maybe a little bit of filing at the lower fuselage connection :winkgrin:

Yes, great details. Very splendid.

Hi bbudde,

thank you !

Edited by Gremlin56

Thanks Bernd, I am considering changing the paint scheme I had in mind to an A-11 based in Sicily. The A-11 is a tropical version of the A-4 meaning most probably tropical filters and some other modifications. The only difference I have been able to see is only two external bomb racks fitted instead of four,( big ones so that torpedoes can be carried), and shrouds over the exhausts.

I think I could get away with this version, cobbling up exhaust shrouds should be a snap. Think it's a good idea?

• Like 2

Hi Julian, why not ! If you will convert it into a torpedo bomber, you need the bigger (two) bomb racks, the bulge on the right side of the cockpit and the dials in the cockpit. This was needed for the settings of the torpedos.

I am not sure about the dust filters, will have a look in my books for this. Some Ju 88 bombers had also a field rigged MG FF canon in the nose. Many KG 77 aircraft had this installed. KG 77 had also a special camo scheme on the underside of some of their aircraft, look like dots in RLM 02 or 71.

Eagle Cals has a decal sheet for a Ju 88 out, in desert camo and a black underside from the LG 1

http://www.berndmm.de/en/eagle-cals-ju-88-a-4-ec154-132.html

Here is a link to this item

• Like 1

Hi Julian, why not ! If you will convert it into a torpedo bomber, you need the bigger (two) bomb racks, the bulge on the right side of the cockpit and the dials in the cockpit. This was needed for the settings of the torpedos.

I am not sure about the dust filters, will have a look in my books for this. Some Ju 88 bombers had also a field rigged MG FF canon in the nose. Many KG 77 aircraft had this installed. KG 77 had also a special camo scheme on the underside of some of their aircraft, look like dots in RLM 02 or 71.

Eagle Cals has a decal sheet for a Ju 88 out, in desert camo and a black underside from the LG 1

http://www.berndmm.de/en/eagle-cals-ju-88-a-4-ec154-132.html

Here is a link to this item

Hi Bernd, I seem to be muddling my references. It's the A-17 that I saw with torpedoes. The A-11/tropical 4 is what I meant. I have the decals for it from the Kagero Topdrawings booklet. Colour scheme is blue underside with white wingtips undernerneath and a white fuselage band. Topside is desert yellow with green blotches.

Sorry for the confusion. :banghead:

• Like 1