HT's Hasegawa Yak-3's yakking about again! -FINIS

I feel that this could be an on going French fancy for me so once the GB has completed I think ill open a build thread for various French types, I have a few in the stash and just got some more decals for some WWI French AC.

But onto the next instalment. This was up in the loft and I quite fancied a biot of a difference to the Mirage and Jag so a bit of a cross over with Russia with these Yal-3's.

Boxing, ive two of these so added a 3rd kit from the other boxing to use up the other decals (you can complete 3 AC with this boxing with all decals included.

DSC_0080.jpg

Multiple sprues, multiple AC

DSC_0081.jpg

Some literature

DSC_0082.jpg

With not many parts they go together very easily. Here is no 1. I do like how you can build the wing and fuselage separately and meet them up later.

DSC_0083.jpg

Edited by Hardtarget
  • Like 1

Another fast build! Jealous, me?

Although I have never built a plane with red stars, I still find Soviet aircraft fascinating, and the Yak 3 is definitely a good looker.

So are we to expect two Normandie Niemen specimens?

JR

Well been a busy couple of days with the Yaks.

The Yak production line. Wings, fuselage and air scoops all ready for mounting.

DSC_0072_1.jpg

Out with a tin of hu115 giving it a stir before use.

DSC_0073_1.jpg

A bit of fact finding on the interior, AMT-14 grey internally with internal green rudder pedals and seat along with control stick. Black main control panel.

DSC_0074_1.jpg

Cement on, Go!

DSC_0075_1.jpg

AMT-11 & 12. For these colours there is a load of conjecture depending on where you read it and who you believe. I went for authentic colours, Dark Grey IG11 and Sea Grey IE84. Long out of production luckily I have top small 10ml glass pots. They match up pretty well to some pain chips adding the scale effect.

DSC_0076_1.jpg

Hu 115 airbrushed on the undersides. No if you use hu65 you will need to add some grey to get a close match to this with this colour paint been seen as a very very good match to the original.

DSC_0077_1.jpg

And then undercarriage time.

DSC_0078_1.jpg

Onto the props next, oh I hate the tricolour colours on the spinners.

This is a factory!!! Are you by any chance an admirer of Stakanov?

And if the Frenchies had not beheaded their king, the French flag would still be white and you would not have a spinner problem when painting time cometh! So you now know who to blame for your misfortune!

Great and impressive show!

JR

I do like Russian Aircraft and my latest purchases that came last week were a Tu-160, Tu16 and a Su27SM. Add to that I bought a load of Amodel WW2 Aircraft which should come this week. You could say im a fan :)

Good morning HT

Another serial builder great :wow:

You are working faster than light ..

I had the Normandie Niemen Yak 3 in mind for this Gb but I was not sure that it would be accepted and so I choose another build..

Patrice

• 2 weeks later...